OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Calendar Search

I would find it very helpful if there was a search facility in Outlook Calendar as I have calendar entries going back 20 years and would like to be able to quickly find a historical entry via a key word.

66 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alistair Barrie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • e911eagle@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Search for a particular item in Calendar. I sometimes schedule items for 3, 4 or 5 months ahead. If I am not sure when the next one is scheduled, I have to look at each day to find it, especially if I already have 4 daily items in the Calendar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. How can the Outlook android app not have a search function for calendar items.

I find it unacceptable that there isn't a calendar search in Oulook for iOS and no integration with Spotlight search for Outlook calendar events. This is a basic requirement that the native Apple app and google supports. If added, it would make Outlook a complete package. The omission is puzzling since Sunrise calendar that MS purchased and has been worked into Outlook had a very good search function.

The ability to search the calendar for a specific event. Like with "real" PC program Outlook!

• Ric Donato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft you want us to upgrade to premium account. Okay, but before I do you truly need to make changes to the integration with Outlook.com and iOS.

Here are issues to address:
    1. Outlook.com works, however in the calendar app we cannot search. What business decision decided not to allow users to search their calendar?
    2. Using Outlook.com, we import contacts, or manually enter contacts, they appear, all is good. On our iOS devices we launch the Outlook app, darn cannot see People. Uninstall reinstall the iOS app. still does not show People we can clearly see on Outlook.com. Oh my, after half a day fighting with this we now see People on our iPhone, however we cannot see them on the iPad.
    3. On Outlook.com we see our contacts listed by last name. On the iPhone they are listed by first name; we cannot change it.

Big question, what is going on at Microsoft with Outlook.com and iOS. At this rate there is not any way I will spend money upgrading to Premium. Because of the aforementioned issues my platform of choice remains Google.

Cordially,
    RicD

• Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When trying to find a past meeting on my calendar, the Search function never comes up with anything. This is very frustrating!

• James R. M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have always wished the was a way to SEARCH for an item I know is on my calendar in Outlook!

• Marina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Until Windows 8 on The mobile phone a search function was available. Since Update to Windows10 the Search Function disapeared from the calendar App an didn't be added so far.

• starlive1929@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add "Search Calendar" button/function in your Outlook app for Android.
    Please allow adding and editing Contacts (People) in your Outlook app for Android.

• gobucks1972@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the new "interesting calendars" feature in Calendar seems to be coming along. But..
    1) any chance you can alphabetize or find some other way for a user to find a particular item (tv show, movie,...) especially in the newly added TV section.
    2) how about a search within the current selection
    I find it incomprehensible that nothing in this regard was thought of before it was introduced

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base