OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Flexible time entry in calendar appointment details window

The new calendar is nice but typing in times is restrictive -- I have to type "12:45 PM", and nothing else is recognized. Instead, recognize these:
2p = 2 PM
1245 = 12:45 PM (take your best guess if the hour is ambiguous AM/PM)
13 = 1 PM
6am = 6:00 AM
0730 = 7:30 AM
15:00 = 3:00 PM
7.45 = 7:45 AM
Also, if I enter a time incorrectly and press Enter, the time entry box gets reset to its previous value. I think I've entered a new time but the appointment stays at the same time. Offer some feedback, like clearing the box instead.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
JV shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dan@gidy.cz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add smart/fuzzy capture of times when manually entering an event. Typing in 9p should know I mean 9:00 PM without putting in all those characters.

• j_porkka@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In calendar when entering the Time or Date for an appointment, it is *far* too fussy.
    It requires that I type in the exact format, like "9:00 am".

It should offer some flexibility, like "9am".

I know that Outlook used to have a crazy date interpreter written by some intern to do all sorts of quirky things -- but now it has gone to the other extreme by not allowing anything.

There must exist some middle ground.
    Other calendaring tools have found it.

• ojmarie@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its annoying to have to type out the whole time frame if I want it to update correctly. For example: 8:00 am, instead of just being able to type: 8 am. It doesn't update the time unless I scroll through all the times or type the whole time out. Which is a minor inconvenience.

• Bryan Hart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook can recognize "tomorrow" as a potential event (and makes it clickable), but doesn't recognize well-formatted date/time like "Thu Apr 20 at 3:30pm", so I can't click it to make a new event.

• j_porkka@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In CALENDAR, when entering meeting details it is *really* picky about the time format.
    It rejects obvious things like "4:30pm" - and it simply resets itself to the last valid value.

It should either accept this, or it should be clear that it is rejecting it.

It requires you to type the space, like "4:30 pm".

Other things like "4pm" should work, but don't - not even with a space.

• L David hn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To select between differents formats of date

YYYY-MM-DD
    MM-DD-YYYY
    DD-MM-YYYY

I NEED TO IMPLEMENT THE NORM ISO8601

YYYY-MM-DD

• L David hn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To select between differents formats of date

YYYY-MM-DD
    MM-DD-YYYY
    DD-MM-YYYY

I NEED TO IMPLEMENT THE NORM ISO8601

YYYY-MM-DD

• s.springer@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When typing in time, recognize that 10:00am is 10:00 am. Currently entering a time without a space results in the time not being properly recognized.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The outlook calendar event creation screen is a complete disaster! If i want to change the time to 2 pm I have to type 2:00 PM. 2pm 2 pm 2 PM, none of them work. Also when the time selection is highlighted pressing a number key doesn't jump to that time. I am using a desktop browser with a keyboard and typing in all of the other info. Also, when I do successfully add start and end times then click more... the end time often gets lost. The old outlook online worked just fine in this regard. What is going on!

Fix this!

CALENDAR: When inputting start and end times manually, it is VERY frustrating to have to use the "##:## XM" format - I should be able to type in "1p" or "1300", for example, to use "1:00 PM" This has been my biggest frustration with Outlook.com's Calendar for years

Outlook Calendar: Can you make it possible to actually type in the time and then hit enter (e.g. be able to just type "6" and it will automatically correct to "6:00 PM" and *stick*?? As it is, you can't type anything and have to use the drop down menu to find the time, it's really inconvenient. The cursor blinks on the window which makes you think you can type in the time, but then it always reverts back to what was last selected in the drop down menu.

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base