OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Integrating To Do Lists With The Calendar

Hi There

Just a couple of quick suggestions for you that I believe would make this much better and user friendly application:

1 Please could you allow us to see both the calendar and tasks list on the same page. In addition would it be possible to create multiple tasks which can be viewed at the same time. E.G If you block out a time on your calendar for Making Calls you can look directly at your Calls To Do List and take relevant action. Having multiple To Do Lists displayed at the same time would make life even more productive as you would be able to see all your tasks under there relevant lists e.g Emails, Morning Routine Etc.

2 In Addition to the above, it would also be awesome to have the ability to add sub tasks and the ability to add time and date due information as well.

I truly feel that if you implement these features you will win a lot mor people over to using outlook online as well as the app.

Many Thanks For Taking The Time To Read My Suggestion.

Best Regards

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see the integration can taken place between the tasks and to-do app; it would be nice if some level of interface integration takes place also. I understand if interfaces are integrated the overall outlook.com interface may feel out of place, but I am sure a suitable interface can be developed.

• njatcko@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have a task list along side my calendar view and also in email view. Panels that I can see flagged items while simultaneously viewing email or calendar. I would also like a scheduling view in calendard as is in outlook. While I'm at it, I would just love a cloud version of outlook all together!!! LOL. Love outlook apps but there is no task function on ipad or iphone. I never carry a windows laptop or use my windows laptop very often. Would love to switch to surface but no moola for that right now.

• Saqr Al-Saghier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Add a to do list tasking area with reminding ability. I suggest you add a similar column just like the mailbox menu. Also add the ability to task others and to be able to edit the same task list. they have to be visible all the time otherwise they are point less. Maybe also link it and windosw store and android app.

Best of luck.

• Susan Marie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Create a "cork board" to drag and drop items that are important to "me" anyone using their Outlook, it would help to be able to visualize a to-do list beyond a calendar.

• Matt Cage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see better tasks integration, I'm a student so having a quick way to record due dates and tests is essential.

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base