OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Make "Not Junk" work

Improve junk filter and "Not Junk" filter, so that once a message is marked a certain way, all subsequent messages behave as intended (move to junk or mark as not junk as the case may be)

538 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sriram Balasubramanian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

327 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • D Sherrill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have marked it not junk. I have added them to the safe list. I have added them to my address book and still my the email goes to the Junk folder.

• nnicolls@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not an idea. it is a complaint that I have marked a few of my emails that I get on a regular basis as not junk and they keep getting mailed to my junk file. Now I have to check my Junk every day to make sure I am getting everything .

What do I have to do?

• Joyce Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix your "add safe sender" so that when you use it, it actually works! I routinely do this but the e-mail addresses I "add to safe sender" continue to be sent to JUNK!

• awesomesuika@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve been getting messages from a contact that isn’t junk mail, and I’ve marked every message he has sent me as not junk, yet outlook still moves it to the junk box.
    Is there a way to mark someone as not junk??
    I tried marking as VIP and even that doesn’t work.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of a sudden all emails from Seek (job vacancy site) for which I've been signed up to for months and months have started going to junk. Every single day I tag these as not junk and move them to my inbox and also click 'always show content from sender' yet every day new ones still go to junk! Why?!

I'm very happy with the service but for some reason the mail from altered states comes to junk mail no matter how many times I mark it as not junk

• l e commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all of this and more. Simply because they are providing a free service does not mean they should do so appearing as if they cannot competently do so.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you put stuff in my junk mail randomly.. then when I say its not junk it keeps going to junk.. It is so frustrating..!! This happens ALLLL the time and I have said something a few times before and done everything you said to do but it KEEPS happening!!!

• Dean Finnestad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add an additional menu selection to the "Not Junk" heading that allows customers to transfer emails that come into their junk mail to the safe sender's list.

Ahhhh, the bs that is hotmail. For some reason you have put mail in my junk that isn't, yet I have said Not Junk 10 times, and yet, you continue to put it in the junk area. WTF?!??

• First Last commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've REALLY made using Outlook Mail intolerable. You mark so many important email as Junk, even after I have marked them as Not Junk at least 20 times, and you let email that I've continually marked as Junk into my Inbox. This has been going on for well over a year. Please hire qualified employees that can't fix this simple problem. I don't know if you're incapable of getting it together or are just becoming a lower grade provider.

• Alex P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You've heard this before but I think I'll remind you until someone hears me. WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO HIT "NOT JUNK" MULTIPLE TIMES FOR THE SAME SENDER!!!

All my mail goes to junk mail folder even though it comes from verified sources or market by me as not junk

• MT Waldron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Junk filter keeps sending legitimate email to "Junk" even though I repeatedly mark it "Not Junk". What's the point?

I think that it's outright STUPID that this is not the case to begin with! If I say "not junk" then mark the address as valid and stop purposely putting stuff from the same senders in junk at random times!! I keep losing important stuff because hotmail just likes to randomly put stuff in junk.

This is so infuriating. This should be part of the basic functionality of the entire thing. Please fix this grating and obvious flaw.

Why do I have to repeatedly allocate "not junk" or "block" for the same email addresses!!!!

Every day the same thing. Fix it!!

• Arne R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now, I've tried manually putting the from-address into the safe list, and so far that looks promising for e-mails arriving in the junk folder. If "not junk" isn't working, maybe this will do.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base