OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Changes some things back

If I delete an email from the "deleted items" folder it needs to be gone-- I shouldn't have to delete it from my inbox into my deleted items box and then go into "Recover deleted items" to delete it AGAIN to make sure it is 100% permanently completely gone.

The subject line should show just the subject-- not some of the beginning sentences in the email.

The box to click on an email should be visible. Not hidden until you click on it or hover. That just doesn't make sense and it makes the list look weird, not nicer or cleaner.

When I click on an email to move it to a different folder ALL folders I want to move it to should be in the list. It shouldn't be the first couple of folders and then me have to click a second time to see all the other folders. This also makes no sense.

84 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nicole Jones shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another thing I don't care for is that you are permanently deleting from the junk mail instead of putting it into the Deleted folder like you used to. I don't like that. Now I have to just move stuff to the deleted folder rather than use the delete button like I have done for YEARS. Can you, at the very least, make it configurable so those who want to put it in the Deleted folder have that option?

Like so many others, I got used to outlook.com after Hotmail, but I found this new Outlook confusing to use: regular features hard to find and unwanted features intruding.

If I'd not used all my votes, and not wanting to remove any I've voted for, I'd vote for this one.

You can no longer bring up the full page email, delete it and go to the next one (full page) without having to go back to the list.

Quit doing change just for the sake of change. You new format is not as good as the old one and that is very annoying.

• Rebecca Ramgoolam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook has made some really silly changes since Hotmail but the stupidest so far has to be the delete feature!!! If I have 120 emails to erase I have to click each one individually to finally select all?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!
        When away on vacation and I come back to 800+ emails do I really have to click each box in order to not delete emails I want to keep!?!?!?!?!
        FIX IT! CHANGE THINGS BACK! There are a lot of people out there that absolutely hate this new feature and are changing email providers, I will be one of them if this is not fixed. The frustration is so frustrating!!!

• Janet Chow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

rather than scrolling through the whole contact list, why not provide the letters of the alphabet on top and bring up the contacts of the alphabet you click on to save time

Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base