OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Delete the Birthday calendar

Hi. I want to be able to delete the whole birthday calendar completely. I also want to be able to delete contacts fully. I deleted a load and I still see them on my list. I do not want them there.

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stephanie Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Birthday calendar is some annoying bullShhhhhhhhhhhh!!! IDGAF who's birthday is when. I already birthdays i need to know.

• Ricardo Swe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are at least two problems with Outlook.com's birthday calendar:

First, it cannot be deleted. Instructions found on the internet are completely wrong. No option to delete exists.

Second, Outlook.com incorrectly translates Contacts' birthdates to the Calendar. All my birthdates get changed forward by one day. Then I get a birthday reminder (which I cannnot turn off) -- one day AFTER the birthday.

These are obvious errors and have not been corrected for years. Horrible Microsoft product in Outlook.com. Makes me want to go through the pain of changing my email to Gmail or something else.

• mhasankhan@LIVE.COM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want a birthday calendar and birthday notifications. Please add an option to disable this. I don't celebrate or wish birthdays. This is not a thing we do in our culture.

Thank you.

• Kitt Katt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do I completely delete the "birthday calendar"? I do not want to receive any notifications regarding birthdays imported from facebook.

• Victoria Rouse commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should be able to permanently delete a birthday and not just have to turn the birthday notifications off.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't automatically connect my Facebook feed to my phone's glance screen. If I want birthday reminders on my phone, then I will enter them in my phone calendar. I do not want to get two days's worth of reminders for people I am not necessarily extremely close to. Also, I couldn't find a way to disconnect that on my phone, but online references say to turn off the Birthday Calendar at Outlook.com. Very frustrating, very annoying, very time consuming. And now, I can only hope that the change I made will take effect on my phone.

Very, very, very unhappy about this.

• Scott O'Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm getting birthday reminders all of a sudden and there is no way to turn them off. I already have all the relevant settings disabled.

• Sharon Small commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to delete every facebook birthday in my calendar. I didn't want them there in the first place. But I don't have time to sit and click through every facebook birthday and do it separatly

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base