OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Reading pane too small

I prefer to look at the e-mail in a larger reading pane. If I'm looking at a picture ,
I like to see the whole picture in the reading pane rather than scrolling thru the screen. I don't want to reduce the size of the picture to a thumbnail size to see it all either.

162 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Sam Lyons shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • becca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It really is the worst design of any of the big email platforms available. Did they do any user testing on this before release?

• Faith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot read the whole text of my EMAIL.
    How do I get it to fill the page.
    God---outlook is frustrating.
    I'm one minute from GOOGLE.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer if you would take your ******-up advertising off my email every time I'm trying to open an email it goes to whatever you're trying to sell me instead of what I'm trying to do

• rsgonda@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. Please make message listing in one line to maximize the real estate.

Current one is wasting lot of space.

2. Also, please remember the pane size setting for how much to show in message listing and how much to show for preview.

• nathan.gilliam@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't always have a horizontal scrollbar for the message, so if the window isn't wide enough, I have no way of seeing all of the email.

Centre reading pane on email screen is too narrow and half the document is cut off on the sides. The two side panels are too wide.

Can you give the option to view the sizes of messages in the folder/inbox that i am looking at? This is available in the desktop app but not the web app. This would allow us to manage our mailbox better, especially by deleting messages if they are too large, to see typical sizes of different attachment types, and so on. This is better for Microsoft as well, as if we better manage mailboxes, you will need less storage (and save money and energy) to supply the same service. Many thanks.

• amznrandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow us to make the Inbox smaller and the reading pane bigger and lock it so it stays that way.

Why do I have this little tiny reading pane? Who want's to scroll across to read every sentence? Guess I'll use my gmail acct. more. Oh you'll get back to me by email...no thanks I cant be bothered scrolling across to read it

• gailpet@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

leave enuf room on the email page to read the whole line of incoming. Instead adds fill part of the email on the right and I can't read it all.

• sandrarue@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. I really do not like being unable to make the two left columns smaller. I am trying to enlarge the message on the right side and it will not enlarge. This is very annoying to me. The second column with the address of the sender will not reduce in size. Please change this.

I really do not like the popup second copy of the message appearing over the top of the three columns and I just have to delete it. It is very annoying to me. Please change this.

I do not like the setup to add to contacts from a junk mail into a legitimate email. Please change this. Too many clicks and moving cursor.

Please make everything a one click operation instead of so many clicks to get what you want. I don't have so much time to fool around with this stuff.

Thank you.
    Sandra

← Previous 1 3 4

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base