OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

dont want to receive birthday reminder emails

we should be able to stop receiving birthday reminders for people we hardly know at personal level.

265 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We’re working on improving the overall experience with birthday calendar and daily agenda mail to make it more personal and relevant. If you prefer not to receive your agenda in mail, you can opt out by going to Outlook.com > Settings > Calendar > Agenda mail.

58 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there , I received bday notification in my email but I don’t know this person and also calendar seems to be empty. Person isn’t in my contacts either how come I received this and how to stop it ? My birthday calendar is empty .... I don’t understand where it comes from these emails

• Greg M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disable birthday reminders and Facebook linking fam

I am getting ****** off by getting birthday reminder emails. Please stop them

I love the fact that I know have several hundred birthday reminders for 'everyone' born on Jan 1st. Great waste of time. Thank you for forcing a feature on me that I didn't want and can not easily remove. Great way to build loyalty!

• Nomal Person commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please take off all of my birthday reminders - most people don't want reminders everyday about other people birthdays. Its Fu!@# Annoying. Stop interfering with everyone's life. Just the fact you have wonderful engineers, developers, IVY league employees- doesn't mean they know anything about life especially when they cant see passed their own dumb arses. SO STOP - You Globalist Idgets

• shinnemoe@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Big idea. Listen. Send me a billion birthday alert emails everyday. Dont put unsubscribe button, ok? I will use outlook forever.

I would love to be able to stop all the birthday personal reminders from my account. Please, help me so I can remove them.
    If I can remove them now. Please help me to remove these contacts as I have no clue of how to do this.

I need to know that too. I'm receiving everyday about 10 birthday email and I don't know how to stop it.

• Chan Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I stop a birthday notification even I already turn off birthday calender? It is very annoying!

• Julian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's not in Agenda Emails - it's in Other Calendars > Birthday Calendars ...
    .... but the "Save" is greyed and won't respond.

Whcih children come up with these toys and decide to impose them automatically ??

• Mitch Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please set notifications ALWAYS OFF, allow the user to turn them on. I cannot find an option on my app phone nor at the website.

• Chaser X commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove notifications. Im sick of seeing these birthday reminders from people from where? Facebook?
    Youve got no right to obtain that information. I do not give you the authority to spam me with a mailing list off an external site!

• brownem@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't need to be reminded about every single LinkedIn birthday. Please stop adding reminders every time I add a new LinkedIn connection. Ideally birthday reminders would be entirely opt-in, but this could cause issues. So maybe opt-in for all new LinkedIn contacts where your only connection to them is through LinkedIn. Or, let users choose the default: opt-in, automatically add, "family-designation" only, etc.

Also, the fact that I have to sign onto Outlook.com to edit the reminders is very annoying. I should be able to do that through the Office 365 Outlook desktop client.

• Luo Shilan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stop sending us reminders of the birthday of people in the contact list.

• irahulraj@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My inbox is flooded with Birthday reminders from my Outlook calendar! I have tried setting rules but failed :( Any alternative to move them automatically to a different folder?

• Rafiq Naqhiuddin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nowadays, many phones have push notifications, so, if you could create an options for disabling e-mail notifications for birthdays, it would not notify me the event from the calendar app and e-mail app simultaneously. Also it's kind of annoying to see e-mail full of reminder that I don't need. Hope you can add this feature to fix this issue soon enough. ><

← Previous 1 3

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base