OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook.com

Copy Calendar Event

I would like to be able to copy a calendar event for the purpose of creating multiple appointments of irregular dates and times.

50 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rob.mahn@outlook.comrob.mahn@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VBVB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I would like to be able to copy and paste a calendar item. I was able to do this in the past with Outlook, but Outlook.com seems to be able to do everything EXCEPT this simple simple task.

When one needs to schedule multiple events on the Outlook calendar that are identical except for dates/times and DON'T fit into a series, this copy & paste functionality is a NECESSITY.

What is needed is the ability to:

1) right-click on a calendar item and select Copy, then one would go to another day and right-click then Paste or simply click on a day and Cntrl-V (Paste)

2) click on a calendar event to Select it, and while event is highlighted, one is able to use the Cntrl-C (Copy) command, then be able to Cntrl-V event on another day, etc.

This is something that is a GLARING omission in functionality. Please make it available SOON.
        Thank you,
        VB.

• Mark WrightMark Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a missing feature in calendar using Outlook on the web - the ability to copy an appointment. I feel this feature used to exist before the new Outlook.com.
        On all other online accounts I have with other providers there is a way to either copy or drag and drop an appointment to make a duplicate on another day. This is a highly useful feature when recurrence does not apply but identical details do.

• rjthorprn@hotmail.comrjthorprn@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook Calendar does not allow the copy of a single week to paste into an email. It creates a lot of work copying manually into a calendar app which does allow selective copying of sections of the calendar. If there is a way to accomplish my task, please let me know.

• cmanker@msn.comcmanker@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if Outlook Calendar had a "Duplicate" function where a scheduled event could be 'copied' and then applied to a different date (all information staying the same except for the date_.

I schedule classes in two 4-hour sessions on consecutive days; and I do this about six times per year. When I schedule the year, I could schedule the first class date, then "Duplicate" it to the following day. That would complete the two entries for that class.

I could then go to either of those dates and "Duplicate" that entry to the first day of my next class (two months in the future), and so on. This would make the creation of my 24 class dates [for each year] MUCH easier. I'm sure that such a feature would be helpful for many folks.

C. Manker
        Crossville, TN

• Anne BigiAnne Bigi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss the copy-function that I had in the Windows Live Mail calendar!!
        Very often my events are similar or same except for the date, it would be so much easier than re-write everything...
        Thank you!

• A RA R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to 'copy' a complete event in calendar than 'paste' it to the future date. (as it is done in many other calendars.. :-)

there is NO 'search' function for a specific details of the calendar events..
        ( unlike in Google calendar where we can search for any string in the calendar events..)

when you implement those 2 ideas in Outlook Calendar - another 2 will come...

• Saundra McNairSaundra McNair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put copy and paste back in the calendar. It would be nice to not have to type in a doctor or when I can just copy it and put it on the next appointment date. It is not a constant recurring event and does not always happen exactly 1 month or each month on the same day etc. This new version is a completely user unfriendly version. After having been a Hotmail/Outlook user for nearly 20 years, I am considering leaving the format.

Hate the new email which overloads my inbox with my calendar events filling up my inbox with unnecessary information and making me think that I have more new emails than I actually have. No copy and paste feature with the calendar is completely annoying, inconvenient, and a complete waste of time to have to retype every new meeting/event, especially when it a simple fix. There is not need to change something just for the sake of change unless it is a "broken feature/un-useful feature." Copy and Paste was neither broken or un-useful.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In CALENDAR, it would be great it user can click on an event and DUPLICATE it (do not close the window yet), then specify the new dates / calendar for this newly duplicated event.
        (Just like Google Calendar's).

Example 1
        e.g. Some events happen over the week (5 days): Mon-Fri, 5-9 Dec.
        This event duplicates for the following week, Mon-Fri 12-16 Dec.

Example 2
        Child 1 has event called "Language school Term 1 1/9" (term 1, class 1 of 9 for that term).
        Child 2 also has same event on his own calendar.
        As a parent who can edit both calendars, it is easier to duplicate an event & just change the CALENDAR (Child1 / Child2), and/or title of event (classes 1/9, 2/9, 3/9 etc)

• Emmanuelle RathsEmmanuelle Raths commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's possible to copy an event and paste another day ? I don't want to copy only details because I want to keep details, participants and sublect. Just copy all the event to anotheaer day

• BenMillardBenMillard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I miss this a lot from Windows Live Mail 2012. That program isn't supported now.

Outlook.com calendar could provide it the same way. Right-click a calendar item, click a "Copy" menu item. Right-click a day or time in the calendar, click a "Paste" menu item.

• ssward@live.comssward@live.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature was available in the past and Microsoft took it away requiring me to manually type recuuring events happening on different days with no pattern.

• Vasquez.JuanR@outlook.comVasquez.JuanR@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did you get rid of the feature that lets users choose which specific days to have an event repeat. I now need to do multiple series to have a Tues-Sat work schedule for 1 month running. I also cannot just have a series with Tue-Fri scheduled with no end, which would allow me to at least have a series for the missing mon or sat according to the month's schedule. Your company's services are only getting worse and worse...

• Marc rainvilleMarc rainville commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to duplicate or clone an event for a future date.
        e.g. tuesday
        blah blah blah

clone the above and all its details for the friday or another day to save the time having to input all of the information again and again.

• Dave MillsDave Mills commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to copy a calendar event. This could be a new right click action with a "Copy to" which pops up a date/time windo to specify when the copy should be. It could also be a drag/drop function by holding the CTRL key while dragging an appointment. At present is moves the appointment but if CTRL is held it should copy instead.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base