OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Copy Calendar Event

I would like to be able to copy a calendar event for the purpose of creating multiple appointments of irregular dates and times.

133 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
rob.mahn@outlook.com shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Townley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to copy events in the Outlook for Android app. Not being able to do this is frustrating, to say the least. This is such a basic function. My primary event can occur on any number of days - it is not recurring on a schedule. Creating a new event each time it occurs causes repetitive typing of the same information over and over. Total waste of time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OKAY, MICROSOFT!!!! When will you reinstate this feature that we've been using forever and that is essential to us being efficient. No one wants to have to re-enter the same ol ****** info over and over again. GIVE US A COPY FUNCTION (like Outlook has always had). We need it. Some events are the same events but don't occur on the same day of the month or the same Tuesday of the month!!! Who is programming your new stuff? It's like it's persons who are very inexperienced in life! Listen to your clientele before programming stuff. And certainly, if you have certain functionality in place, don't get rid of it!

• VB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will I be able to copy/paste a calendar event? Or, able to right click and choose COPY on a calendar event? I was able to do this on "regular" Outlook, but despite waiting YEARS you still haven't restored this functionality on the web based Outlook.com.

You need to understand, that especially with consultants, etc. that they may have recurring meetings that DON'T fall into a regular schedule, but occur on a regular basis. Monday-Tuesday one week, Wednesday-Thursday another week, etc etc!

It is annoying in the EXTREME to have to create appointments ONE BY ONE when in the past, one could simply copy and paste appointments to one's calendar.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!!

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using Live Mail Calendar one can press the shift key and the event can be moved to other dates with the same data that can later be edited if needed to be changed. I believe currently you have to enter the data for each date.. For example one may have doctor appointments on a certain date that is also scheduled for other dates on different days which are not the same day or frequency. I don't know outlook also allows events to be entered each week or bi monthly every 4 months as live mail does. Why would one remove these easy to use options. I have to get a new computer and the book dummies 1st statement is this is the most difficult program to use. If you don't have to move to Windows 10 --don't do it --stay with 7 if you can.

Should be able to copy calendar appointments from one day to another day without having to enter the whole appointment over again.

• AOK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook flaws continue to amaze me. Seriously, "duplicate event" is not a feature???

Copy paste does not work on Mac. Discovered that you can create a copy if you hold down the option key and drag the appointment in either the week or month view.

• VB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I would like to be able to copy and paste a calendar item. I was able to do this in the past with Outlook, but Outlook.com seems to be able to do everything EXCEPT this simple simple task.

When one needs to schedule multiple events on the Outlook calendar that are identical except for dates/times and DON'T fit into a series, this copy & paste functionality is a NECESSITY.

What is needed is the ability to:

1) right-click on a calendar item and select Copy, then one would go to another day and right-click then Paste or simply click on a day and Cntrl-V (Paste)

2) click on a calendar event to Select it, and while event is highlighted, one is able to use the Cntrl-C (Copy) command, then be able to Cntrl-V event on another day, etc.

This is something that is a GLARING omission in functionality. Please make it available SOON.
    Thank you,
    VB.

• Mark Wright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a missing feature in calendar using Outlook on the web - the ability to copy an appointment. I feel this feature used to exist before the new Outlook.com.
    On all other online accounts I have with other providers there is a way to either copy or drag and drop an appointment to make a duplicate on another day. This is a highly useful feature when recurrence does not apply but identical details do.

• rjthorprn@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Outlook Calendar does not allow the copy of a single week to paste into an email. It creates a lot of work copying manually into a calendar app which does allow selective copying of sections of the calendar. If there is a way to accomplish my task, please let me know.

• cmanker@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if Outlook Calendar had a "Duplicate" function where a scheduled event could be 'copied' and then applied to a different date (all information staying the same except for the date_.

I schedule classes in two 4-hour sessions on consecutive days; and I do this about six times per year. When I schedule the year, I could schedule the first class date, then "Duplicate" it to the following day. That would complete the two entries for that class.

I could then go to either of those dates and "Duplicate" that entry to the first day of my next class (two months in the future), and so on. This would make the creation of my 24 class dates [for each year] MUCH easier. I'm sure that such a feature would be helpful for many folks.

C. Manker
    Crossville, TN

← Previous 1

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base