Allow setting a timezone for an event in the calendar

224 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mauricio Dominguez Diaz del Castillo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • outlook_DCCC1A55E7D7E3A7@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under Options you need to give the user the ability to change Time Zones. My calendar is defaulting to Pacific Time in the USA and I live in the Eastern Time Zone. There is no way for me to change it from the Calendar Settings. I therefore have to go searching for it and waste time.
    This seems silly...if my computer has location services turned on why is the Calendar defaulting to Pacific Time and not Eastern Time?

• Scott S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow different time zones within one calendar appointment.

For example, I want to fly from PDX to Nashville. I'd like to be able to have my start time be entered as PST and my end time be entered as CST.

• Michael Tsang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you try the following instructions?

1. Click the gear icon
    2. Select the target timezone of the event
    3. Create the event
    4. Select back the original one

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was previously able to set up events for different time zones. This option is no longer available for the Web App. Please add this feature back or give instructions on how to perform.

Allow users to set the time zone for a calendar event. Essential for long haul flight times. This feature gets added, and then removed. Please add it permanently.

• hzchenxiuqin@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, Sorry to bother you. I want to change the timezone of my calendar in Outlook. But I can not find the way to do it. Could you please tell me as detail as you can? Thanks a lot!

• Parker Shelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add support for time zones when adding calendar events manually to Calendar in the web interface and in the Outlook app for iPhone. I literally can't schedule flights correctly because they need to be in local time zones.

• Yosce de OmniSynThesis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While creating a Calendar Event, I cannot set the time zone!
    After creating and then editing it is not available either.

After creating with the Windows 10 Outlook Calendar app, time zone is available for editing online, while the app has no such functionality.

Please make it available everywhere again and have it work properly.

• GM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Timezone in calendar event is very useful and wanted one

• Daddy Cool commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great job, finally implementing the time zone selection for events!
    Please insert a separate time zone selection for for the end time, too. This is very important for flights.

• Richard Buski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful to offer a choice of time zones when entering appts. that will take place in other time zones. so that the user doesn't need to calculate what time that will be in their current (home) time zone. This is very important when travelling & appts. will take place in a number of time zones.

Calendar events should support multiple timezones. This has been supported in the previous version of Outlook LIVE.

• Dickson.Leung@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For an event, please have a way to set different time zones for the beginning and ending time. E.g., if we are traveling to Asia from the US, the flight departure and arrival times are shown as local time. Currently there is no way to do that on the web calendar.

• Aaron Nayler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can't change the time zone of an individual calendar anymore. Why? Please add that ability back.

• Rui Alberto Martins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
    Unless I miss something, I don't see any comment about a possible solution or implementation for such HUGE missing functionality.
    As stated by several users, do we need to quit using Microsoft products and move to competitors?

• justin.lowe@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planning an overseas holiday.... last time we went O/S I added all my calendar entries with a timezone attached, things like flights, train bookings, etc. Now, since the "upgrade' there is no option to set the timezones any more... Unbelievable!!!

There is nowhere to set my time zone. This affects how I get reminders. Most of the world is not in the PST time zone.

← Previous 1 3 4

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base