OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook.com

Opening up features in a New Tab

Opening features (contacts (people), word, etc) in a NEW TAB. I once again want to be able to open this features up on my computer, I don't want to be close a a tab to go into the feature. Or better still make sure all the features that are being offered actually work. Right now many of the feature or parts of it are useless, get your act together, you are making us all very frustrated and angry.

104 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Violet Smotra-CookViolet Smotra-Cook shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

67 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Reece JamesReece James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of opening an outlook email ONLY in a new window, please allow me to choose to open in a new tab in Edge. Prevents accidentally closing down Edge when there's an outstanding email which when you close is the only tab reopened when Edge is restarted. Undoes that useful feature.

To be honest, just as you do with all browsers now, you should be able to choose whether a new window in opened in a tab or a stand alone instance / window.

Many thanks.

• itsme_tanmay@outlook.comitsme_tanmay@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you please stop keeping all the tabs in single page ?? its annoying !! i cant read any emails without scrolling left and right . Cant you just open the mail i just different page instead of clubbing all in one.

• alexcole11@hotmail.comalexcole11@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use to be able to print in a separate window when I select "PRINT" Now it opens inside of outlook and when you print you cannot preview or scale to fit on one page (shrink). How can I do this?

• terencedechef@hotmail.comterencedechef@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Open email messages in a new tab. I used to be able to do this before the switch to java based email. Not having this feature is very annoying to me.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like a new format is in place.. If so, please alert users/me and explain what to do now.! I can't pull up more than one email at a time; can't click for other folders to clean them out. The site is unresponsive in the usual way. Most frustrating. Please advise.
        Thanks

• MUSTAKIM MASUMMUSTAKIM MASUM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

composing email in a pop up window instead of existing tab or window, helps a lot. make it easy to selecting a large number of emails.

• tkn3600 tkn3600tkn3600 tkn3600 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's a suggestion: How about when a person dbl clicks an email, that popup window actually displays something instead a vast blank white area.

• TOMMARSHALL1@msn.comTOMMARSHALL1@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems the Outlook software has just been changed so that you can no longer view just the content of a message without the views of folders, list of messages and ads, by simply double-clicking on the message title to open a separate window to view the message. The new window opens but the message content does not load. This also prevents printing the content of a message without the other stuff (folders, list of messages, ads). Please fix it to again enable viewing and printing the content of a message without all the other ****. This is very annoying and will force me to go to another e-mail solution if it isn't fixed.

• WATESSAW@msn.comWATESSAW@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked it much better when I could open my email and calendars on separate tabs. Sometimes I like to be able to see information from an email to put into my calendar. OneDrive still opens in a separate window.

Double clicking on a email listed in the Inbox, doesn't open it up in an enlarged window as it did last month. ? ? ?

Print function doesn't work anymore either. ? ? ? ? ?

Are you certain this version of Outlook.com is an improvement over the previous version that worked ?

How can I go back to the previous version ?

Please re-design the View Source option. It used to open in a separate tab, which could be maneuvered like any other web page.

Now it opens in a pop-up that begins half way down the page and cannot be moved. As a result, I cannot view much of the page or even access the Close button. The problem is compounded by all the additional screening data added to the header. So we can not tell is the email is a phishing attempt, junk or valid.

Perhaps you could replace the code generating the pop-up with the old one opening a new tab.

• Diana BuschDiana Busch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change my email calendar set up back to its original form before the mandatory update took effect. Specifically I miss being able to open my calendar and/or contacts in a separate window while reading email. I don't like that when reading emails and desiring to put something into my calendar, or to browse my calendar before replying to the message, I must leave my email in order to open the calendar. Overall I have found no benefits to the update. My dissatisfaction grows daily.

clicking on 'calendar' from 'Outlook Mail' used to open 'calendar' in a new tap, but not any more. I preferred the old way

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base