OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Calendar colours

Please add in more colour choices for calendar. And make them streamlined with the Outlook.com app for iOS and Android. It gets confusing when the app updates and the colours go haywire! Otherwise, it looks great!

171 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Shazwan Azizan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The changes you incorporated into the Calendar are AWFUL! I have colorcoded my calendar and now it is bl and white. Why bother giving us color to code the calendar if you are going to remove such.

Put the calendar back the way it was. PLEASE.

• Andrew Gwynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add more color options to your calendar. Google has way more to be able to customize and identify different calendars and items by colors.

The old calendar was the best calendar application I've seen; this update killed it. The color coded calendars, the ability to add events by just clicking on a day - all of the best features have been completely taken away. Please bring back the old calendar.

For tax preparation, categorizing appointments is essential. Please re-establish color coded appointment categories.

• KAY NICHOLAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to have the +1/+2 Holiday designations in red...or some other color so I wouldn't have to look at every number when I'm looking ahead thru my calendar. Thanks!!

Have more variations on the calendar. Shading on the weeks, on the days how to shade certain events . Setting a color on a certain day.

• David, Julia & Hailey Sandoz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Return my emails and calendar back to original settings. For one I did not ask to have it changed and I don't like the pastel colors assigned to my different calendars I prefer the strong primary colors. Pastel colors are hard to distinguish one calendar from another.

• Kianna Douglas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- Calendar only iphone app. Don't need it to sync my email, files or people. Just want to see the calendar.
    - Event colors on the app should match the colors I set it to online. Each calendar on the app only has one color. There's no point in color coordinating online if I can't see it later on the app.

This calendar is pretty good, I'm still bitter that you took the sunrise people though. Both the sunrise calendar app and online versions were perfect.

• Marcelo Montorzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need more colors on the calendar. The previous palette was excellent.
    Also, the new format got rid of the previously chosen colors that were already embedded in our minds

• Randy Wuerz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Two Items:
    1) Add some color to the "buttons" on the Outlook Mail home page between
    "New" and "Help" words. I cannot see the "Previous" and "Next" boxes (or any others) without mousing over them. It took me weeks of frustration and looking before I accidently moused over on button and the 508 function kicked in so I saw the "Previous". Wow, that was frustrating!!!
    2) STOP changing the home pages and layouts. I know you want to keep a fresh look, etc. However, between your pages and ALL OTHER websites that I use, all are continually in a state of flux. Therefore I spend WAY too much time hunting for familiar buttons and am getting very tired of it.

• Sarah Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Color Code scheduled events on my calendar. I like to color code each event myself.

Be able to choose different colors for different events/tasks and search and find events based on their names

1 3 Next →

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base