OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Calendar colours

Please add in more colour choices for calendar. And make them streamlined with the Outlook.com app for iOS and Android. It gets confusing when the app updates and the colours go haywire! Otherwise, it looks great!

171 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Shazwan Azizan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tina Hamaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to choose the colors for each calendar that I have in my Outlook Mail Calendar 2016. In the last incarnation of the Calendar, I could choose the color I wanted for each calendar, i.e. red for appointments calendar, purple for birthday calendar, light blue for my husband's calendar that he shares with me, green for my own calendar, etc. I do not like the colors that Outlook has arbitrarily assigned to all of these calendars within my Outlook mail Calendar. If there is a way to change them, please let me know.

• Tina Hamaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to choose the color for each of my calendars as I had previously. The update has changed the colors of my calendars to ones I don't like and which I find hard to follow.

• BenMillard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a Lumia 800 and upgraded to a Lumia 820, then another 820. It has several strong colours and several more secondary colours. That is Windows Phone 8.x and the colours are very pretty.

Outlook.com Calendar has the same 18 colours (9 colours in 2 modes) as Windows 10 Mail app on desktop. You can only access 9 colours at a time, because only 1 colour mode can be active at a time.

Windows Mail 2012 makes 15 colours available from a 5x3 grid.

Outlook.com Calendar could provide all 18 Windows 10 colours with a 3x6 grid.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't I set my own calendar colors? Brown? ick. And, you don't have differentiated colors. The whole purpose of having different calendar colors is to be able to tell the difference between one calendar and another. But Microsoft has arbitrarily set the main calendar as brown, and then a new calendar that I've added is ALSO brown.
    My only calendar customization is light and dark. That's not customization.

Stop changing things that work!

An additional color is needed to indicate out of office on business vs. personal out of office. Would be EXTREMELY helpful for all, especially us calendar keepers! Thanks!

• Daniel C.A. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the new upgrade of the Outlook, but some features are not good. Like the Calendar, now we cannot chose the colors of the calendars.

• Martim CR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I'm enjoying the new look of the Outlook Calendar. There's just one thing that annoys me, and it's been going on for some time now. Why can't I color code my calendar events? It's such an obvious and practical tool that any calendar should have, and I find it completely bewildering that a calendar program used by millions of people doesn't have such a simple feature (except for adding a calendar for each subject, which doesn't make any sense). It would be very useful for students like me, who would be able to color the subjects they have during the week, and get a good idea of how the subjects are distributed, at a glance . I was hoping it would be introduced in the update... But apparently not.

you need to darken the calender dates. Bright colors has no effect to make the calendar easier to read. Not everyone has 20/20 eyessite. Go back to the way it was. this is terrible.

I don't really care for this new email scheme. I hate that my emails are not on pages so when I want to delete all in emails, it only highlights what I can see on the page at that time.... it's annoying. There are not enough colors for calendars. I hate the pastel colors that all read so closely and the red and pink read really as the same color. I hate that a window pops up on the side when I want to see what else is on my calendar, instead of just expanding the box in the calendar itself like it used to. and I don't like not being able to scroll between months for ease of access to see what I need to all at once. I'm not usually a complainer, but I liked that this email used to be easier to be less like gmail or outlook desktop. Poor attempt at an update.

Too few color choices in the new calendar. Missing the colors from the old calendar including purple.

HATE THE NEW LOOK TOO DIM CANT READ. HOW DO I CHANGE THE COLOR OF ALL MY CALENDARS?

The new calendar layout is atrocious.

1) On Month view, please re-enable graying out of days that fall outside the current month (i.e. before the 1st or after the 31st). Without this, it's more difficult to read.

2) More color options please! 9 is not enough.

3) Please remove the terrible filters for specific calendars that line up across the top of the calendar - it's enough that we have these on the left side of the screen.

4) No more than 10 calendars displayed at a time? Come on - I have over a dozen! The old interface had no trouble handling this!

• merja.siiriainen@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is what I'm longing for, too. I would like to mark different events, like theatre, sport, children's hobbies, etc., with different colours, so I could see all categories in the month view with one glance.

Bring back the brighter colors, along with more colors for the calendars! I hate the new pastel colors!

• Keith Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the most part I like the new online Outlook, etc. However, for the calendar I prefer the brighter colors for the different calendars as the pastels are difficult to distinguish on the cell phone screen especially in sunlight. Thanks!
    Keith Hunter
    Indianapolis

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base