OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook.com

Calendar colours

Please add in more colour choices for calendar. And make them streamlined with the Outlook.com app for iOS and Android. It gets confusing when the app updates and the colours go haywire! Otherwise, it looks great!

143 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Shazwan Azizan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Robert Buck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The outlook calendar needs ability to color code. I doubt many people want a bunch of calendars they have to overlay. Lots of complaints about this online yet no fix. I moved my email and calendar to MS because of OneDrive integration but now thinking of moving back to Yahoo. Certainly their calendar is better.

• CB.PC@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please allow users to select any colours from the HTML colour cart for calendar/mail experiences in, outlook.com, outlook client and outlook android.
        or at least coordinate the colour to match and sync across the platforms.
        thanks

• cowboy7381@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need more colors for Calendars. I used to have my Anaheim Ducks calendar as Orange. The calendar that was showing was wrong so I removed and re-added it, and now I can't get it back to Orange. The Anaheim Ducks calendar is still wrong by the way.

• wind392@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not long ago I came across a calendar that looked exactly like the outlook mail calendar but could apply color also to the "day" frames (month display) and display content within the "day" frames in high contrast format (also colorized) easy for old eyes to read. The calendar I have now allows different colors, but not to the extend of that one that I can no longer find.

Bob Wind, wind392@outlook.com

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VERY disappointed with the new calendar system. When I change a color on a calendar, it will not save so I have to change the colors daily. I've lost a ton of features... the ability to send an email when something is added to the calendar... now I have to add the person myself. I can't change a calendar event from one calendar to another. I may have to switch to a different provider because your recent changes have gone BACKWARDS - and left me without the features and functionality I had previously. Incredibly disappointing Microsoft!

Would be great if user can specify more colors for CALENDARs instead of being limited to the 12 colors.
        This is especially useful for people with subject-timetables (university students) where each event is color-coded to a particular subject.

Google Calendar has a far bigger basic color range for different calendars, and in addition allows user to create any color using hex html codes (for both text & background).

Would be nice to have more colors for the calendar and to make it expandable when you type in a description in the monthly view. Doesn't look good when it says +2 or +3, etc,etc.

Thank you.

• Daddy Cool commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, more colours for the calender. I need my primary calender in red, for example.

• Tina Hamaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that I've figured out Calendars, we need more colors with more contrast to differentiate them.

I want to be able to choose the colors for each calendar that I have in my Outlook Mail Calendar 2016. In the last incarnation of the Calendar, I could choose the color I wanted for each calendar, i.e. red for appointments calendar, purple for birthday calendar, light blue for my husband's calendar that he shares with me, green for my own calendar, etc. I do not like the colors that Outlook has arbitrarily assigned to all of these calendars within my Outlook mail Calendar. If there is a way to change them, please let me know.

I want to be able to choose the color for each of my calendars as I had previously. The update has changed the colors of my calendars to ones I don't like and which I find hard to follow.

• BenMillard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had a Lumia 800 and upgraded to a Lumia 820, then another 820. It has several strong colours and several more secondary colours. That is Windows Phone 8.x and the colours are very pretty.

Outlook.com Calendar has the same 18 colours (9 colours in 2 modes) as Windows 10 Mail app on desktop. You can only access 9 colours at a time, because only 1 colour mode can be active at a time.

Windows Mail 2012 makes 15 colours available from a 5x3 grid.

Outlook.com Calendar could provide all 18 Windows 10 colours with a 3x6 grid.

Why can't I set my own calendar colors? Brown? ick. And, you don't have differentiated colors. The whole purpose of having different calendar colors is to be able to tell the difference between one calendar and another. But Microsoft has arbitrarily set the main calendar as brown, and then a new calendar that I've added is ALSO brown.
        My only calendar customization is light and dark. That's not customization.

Stop changing things that work!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base