OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Create a calendar with email reminders by default

Allow me to create a new calendar where all appointments have "remind me by email" set as default. This way I can trust that import items will always arrive in my inbox for processing, and not be lost on a desktop somewhere back at the office or at home.

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Rajesh Rach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook.com has removed the ability to have an email reminder sent. Please bring this back, it is such a useful feature!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the "email reminder" option back to Outlook!!!!!!! Why did you take it out?????

• Rabia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back this feature! it is very import items for following.

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree. A reminder that show up in your e-mail is critical for my personal productivity

I agree with "The new version of Outlook Live Mail no longer allows users to set an email reminder for events. This was an essential function for me, and others. "
    Please restore it! Please Please

I agree with "The new version of Outlook Live Mail no longer allows users to set an email reminder for events. This was an essential function for me, and others. "
    Please restore it! Please Please

• Smitty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new version of Outlook Live Mail no longer allows users to set an email reminder for events. This was an essential function for me, and others. Please restore it! Thank you.

A simple yet manual workaround is to send an email to yourself (and others if you want) using the "Delay Delivery" feature. When composing a new email, click on the "Options" tab, look in the "More Options" section and click "Delay Delivery". Choose the date and time you want the email to be sent. When you click "Send" it will sit in your outbox, and then Outlook will automatically send the email at the designated time. Note that Outlook must be on and running in order for it to send the email. Otherwise it will send it as soon as the program is opened.

Allow default calendar reminder to none

Currently, when I add a calendar entry I pick none for some strange reason 15 minutes is saved.

We were on the verge of launching multiple group calendars across our company, but you have just removed the ability to send an email reminder to the 'group'!. Can you please restore this option asap. Thanks

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new Outlook.com has removed the ability to have an email reminder of the entry sent. This feature needs to be returned, otherwise, I will be forced to find another calendar program.

• JS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disappointingly, my place of work has moved to Outlook from Gmail, which has this feature.

• Dave C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please. And also provide the option to set the default email reminder time to 0 minutes.

Plus 1 - Being able to set default reminders to be email would be most excellent.

• james brook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reverting back to being able to default reminders to be email would be most most excellent.

Why? Because the way I work, I leave email reminders in my inbox until I've completed/done/whatever it is. And when I've done it I delete the email.

I fail to understand why it was removed in the first place.

• Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please bring back this much needed feature. Email reminders are very useful to me! We are a busy family of 5 and many appointments to juggle. I had my email reminders set to 1 day before so I knew how to plan my day ahead better. Notifications are ok and the daily digest of events is all well & good...but nothing beats the email reminder.

← Previous 1

Outlook.com: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base