OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

GO TO DATE FUNCTION

Previous version of outlook had a GO TO function at bottom of page. Need to bring back this function as you can't search for a particular date anymore.

120 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • j c commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

idiots don't keep this basic function.
    Someone must being paying someone to make it worse

• MB25 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am shocked this option is no longer available and frankly despite the number of comments Microsoft is not doing anything about it. As a side note I have to say that each 'upgraded' version of Outlook live is much worse and less functional than its predecessor. Microsoft keeps adding on some ridiculous gimmicks to make the product appear more 'pretty' but the functionality is becoming poorer and poorer. A real shame!

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to add my support for this. As this was in outlook.com before, I can't see why they can't put it back in.

• drjbertoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really wish you would restore the "go to" functions for the email dates. I am at the mercy of the scroll bar which often goes to much later dates than I wish to view at the time. Also if I delete a message at the date I want to view it won't go back to that date it goes to some other date and I can't find the date that I was viewing unless I start all over at the beginning. I am using an IMac with Safari browser.
    Please advise me. Thank you

• Me 0 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please return the option/icon 'Go to' for finding emails from past days/months!

Returning of that feature should be a MUST for the next interface version!

Please return the option/icon 'Go to' for finding emails from past days/months; and 2) bring back the option for limiting the number of emails appearing on a single page to say 10 or 20?

• Marty Baumann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We used to be able to click on a calendar to get to e-mail messages of a certain date, but that feature seems to have been removed. Could we get it back?

• DARRIELAWRENCE@msn.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am slowly learning the intricacies of the recent updates to outlook.live.com/owa/?id=64855, I don't like it much because:
    1. the search function is difficult almost IMPOSSIBLE to use, and when I finally can enter a persons name/email address I get a lot of irrelevant results
    2. I would like you to RESTORE the "Go to a specific date" function on the inbox... It is annoying and time consuming to scroll through all the inbox contents.
    I sincerely hope you will deal with these comments seriously

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In message view/List put the "go to date, with drop down calendar, option back"

• LINDA MCNISH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to print a month at a time and to go to a future month without having to page through each month to get there.

I don't like the new Outlook. I want the page numbers and scroll arrows back, as well as total mail count.
    This version is harder to manage. I don't see a way to jump to a particular date, As usual, you guys changed something that did not need to be touched, Quite updating your software, it's OK as is.

• LeShai B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To piggy back on the last one. I'd prefer if it's one date at a time. That way I can select all for that date, keep what I want to keep and delete what I want to delete for that date. Makes clearing the mail box easier

• Victoria Krahn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On the email search - date - select range feature, it would be faster and easier to also be able to type the dates in the From and To boxes. The way it is currently designed, if I am searching for an email from several years ago, I have to click through dozens of months on the calendar to get to the correct date.

• Glenn Shrom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to be able to "Go to" a particular date to check on the e-mails that I got on that date, without scrolling through a long list. If it takes me to that date and I can see before and after that date, it's fine. In fact, even good. But I want to be able to "Go to" because "scrolling" on this computer is not working well.

There used to be a small calendar from where we could select a date and see all the mails received/sent on that date. Please add that feature to outlook as it is very convenient for some users like me to search some specific emails.

I am totally disgusted that you forced me to leave hotmail and go to outlook, which has seemed like garbage any time I have used it. I lost the 'goto' feature that was necessary for me. It may still be there hidden somewhere, but I should not have to look over and over again for a VERY important feature. The people in charge of software are clearly idiots, but everyone knows that. No, I did not google for the answer. WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO? If I have to google for the answer, your software is garbage.

← Previous 1

Outlook.com: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base