OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Restore one line per email in the message list so I can see 20-30 messages at once

Restore one line per email in the message list so I can see 20-30 messages at once

486 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
yanis_g shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

121 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

IF you don't want to see the attachment go to SETTINGS and switch off the attachment preview button

• mikez4realty@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

why can't you go back to the 25 emails to a page to delete things instead of continuously one page, i try to delete 100 emails and it only deletes 75, then when i delete more it still doesn't delete the 25 it didn't do the first time, totally frustrating. i used to be able to delete 1 page of 25 so easily now yo have this new and not improved method that sucks

• cedar_lee@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook email and calendar are my favourites. Thanks for the great work!
    Two ideas I have here from my experience.

1. Is it possible to have the option to set the number of emails to display on each page?
    With this function, I could easily sort the email by sender and select all the email on one page and delete them all with one click.
    But under the current setup, I have to select every email one by one and then delete them. Unless there is some other way to clean massive email that I do not know.

2. Does Microsoft have App that can be installed on Andrion smartphone and automatically sync the Outlook email and calendar between the smartphone and Outlook online account?

Thank you,
    Cedar

• haution@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    I would like to limit the number of messages displayed. I can't find a way to do it...
    Thanks a lot for your help.

• carmel hewitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible for my Inbox to go back to displaying 13 or 14 emails, instead of the current 3 ??????? I was able to click on the single line, and the email would open. It is very frustrating in its current form. I hope you are able to fix this for me. Thanks

• thefryer@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An option to list a sensible number of emails per 'page' would be useful for pc users, the current inbox feels like it will be phone friendly with the �infinite� scroll function, but highly unwieldy for a pc user.

• Raphael Hadjimichael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

being able to only see 4 emails at a time only makes it difficult especially when you want to mark as unread and then delete notifications from facebook, adverts etc.
    please bring back a feature to be able to see more than just 4 emails.
    Thank you in advance

I use to be able with the old Hotmail to limit how many emails are shown on the screen at one time and also there was a counter at the bottom of the screen that told me how many total emails were in my inbox. I really miss those two features. Please bring them back. Right I only get a counter for how many "new" emails are in the inbox. Thank you. Also thanks for bringing the "filter" option back. Took me awhile to find it since it was moved from the main drop down list and now over o the right

• mcwoodsco@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, I need to be able to see more than a few e-mail headings at a time. My 15+ year old Verizon account is excellent. It displays 30 e-mails at one time. Just one line per e-mail.

Viewing the inbox in one window kills performance and means finding an e-mail in my archive is incredibly difficult. If you have a lot of e-mails the scroll bar will send you miles past the e-mail you want if you so much as touch it. This was an awful change and is the reason my outlook account is no longer my primary e-mail address. It's unusable.

• Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put the inbox back to the way it used to be. Display X number of messages per page, instead of a totally open mailbox. I've used this on several computers and operating systems, it sucks, and you made a very major faux pas when you changed this.

Seriously, wtf were you thinking? My Hotmail is unusable, and after using it almost exclusively for nearly 20 years (yes, I was a Hotmail user even before Microsoft purchased it), I am looking at other services that load in a reasonable amount of time.

• npkumar@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Difficulty faced to reach, open and read older emails down the line.

Please restore the option to have 20, 50 or 100 emails per page, so that I can go page by page to search for older emails.

I am finding it extremely difficult to scroll down bit by bit, systematically searching for the to the exact email I am searching for.

The scroll bar is also too thin to handle.

Hi,

How do i have say 50-100 emails per page. Ie i can delete a page at a time instead of individually?

Also how do i increase the font size. I have already selected the largest font on my control panel settings.

• carollem2@hotmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You took away a very important feature from Hotmail which was the ability to select the number of emails to view per page.

Please, please, reinstate that feature to prevent one from deleting her entire email box.

Thank you

• Andrew Savage commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the feature to choose how many emails are listed per page... 25/50/100.

Having the emails all on one page is very memory intrusive for older laptops.

There's too much spacing in the inbox list. I need to fit a lot more emails. Can you make a tighter fitting inbox list to fit about 25-30 emails in the inbox list instead of about 10?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base