OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to send yourself on email notification about an appointment.

In the old version of outlook.com calendar you could send your self an email notification of an appointment. In the new beta version of outlook.com calendar there is no way to send yourself an email notification. Why did this feature go away? I liked to send myself email notifications, then delete them as I had the appointment. Please re-new this feature.

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please put the flagged messages on top like you did before.

Please put the flagged messages on top like you did before.

14,548 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    597 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. You can place messages to the top by right clicking the message and selecting pin and it will pin it to the top. We are reviewing this feedback so please keep the feedback and comments coming.

3. Integrate a task management (todo-list) system that is worth using!

Currently, Microsoft (at least) has four different tasks/todo systems, and they are all half-baked. I would like to see Outlook.com combining all of them into a well-arranged view.

1) Tasks from the Outlook.com Calendar. Simple, straight forward tasks, with no form of grouping or list-building.

2) Tasks Cortana creates for me, including person-depending and location-depending reminders. Would nice to have a place where I can see, add and edit them. Especially when Windows 10 is here.

3) Flagged Emails: After flagging a number of mails, I can't see all of them anymore on the top. It would be nice if…

3,997 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    80 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the detailed feedback and comments on this. Like you’ve noted we, as a company, have put work into tasks and task management before and it is an area we continue to give thought to as there is still improvement to make. I will pass this feedback and the comments on to the right folks for more consideration. If I can share anything substantive back, I will. Thanks again for the feedback and engagement.

4. Import old junk mail rules rather than starting from scratch.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the new Outlook.com - great job, and please carry on making it more excellent.
    I'm a bit peeved, however, by the emails asking me if a just-received email was junk or not. Typically that's triggered by an email to myself, and I'd think those are easy to qualify. I also get the same "junk/not?" prodding after each email I send myself, and I'd think the rules stick.
    Lastly, I'm now getting emails which previously (before beta) had long been filtered as junk.
    Thanks for listening!

4,303 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    55 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Opt In to New Capabilities

It would be helpful within Outlook.com settings to be able to opt-in to beta capabilities - is this possible so as to get the latest and greatest experiences Microsoft is pushing out - and provide feedback through UserVoice :)

1,609 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Attachment progress meter?

I miss the progress meter when loading attachments into e-mails. I Send mixes of songs to clients and that has been a very helpful feature in the past.

772 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 245 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Agenda View with Handwriting

Create a one-note like experience with an agenda view where one can use their surface pen to write in by hand their daily schedule, as well as any to-dos or tasks. For many people, "penciling in" their schedule is how they effectively learn and remember their routine, They are hesitant to go digital with their schedules, however, if there is an option to write it in, it is a lot more accessible to these people. Also, this kind of agenda use of windows 10 provides a new platform and need for small tablets for portability that you can write on.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add entries to birthday calendar without creating a contact

Currently, if you add a new entry to the Birthday Calendar, it will create a contact record. You should have the ability to create birthday's on that calendar without the contact record. Pets, babies, etc... are 'people' I don't need clogging up my contact list, but their birthdays are important.

417 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base