OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get rid of "Focused"

Focused inbox is not useful. Focused inbox has been putting too many items into the Other. Get rid of it!

3,076 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    16337 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using outlook.com.

We have some good news! You can actually turn the Focused inbox feature off and on as you wish. To do so:
    1. Go to settings in the top right corner of your screen. On the next screen,look in the left panel.
    2.Scroll down until you see a heading titled Layout.
    3.Listed under layout you should see an option for Focused Inbox.
    After you’ve clicked on Focused Inbox you will be given the option to “sort messages into Focused and Other” or “Don’t sort messages”.
    4.After selecting one of these options make sure to click the save button at the top of your screen then click options on the top left to return to your updated inbox.

If you are interested in learning more about our Focused inbox feature and how it works please…

2. 2,536 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    109 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

3. sender's email address not viewable?

We used to be able to see the sender's actual email address in the inbox when hovering over their "name" with the mouse cursor.

This does not work anymore. Very unsafe.

I now have to open the virus ridden email to see who it's from, in order to verify whether or not it is from a "fake" or imposter sender.

Please bring back the hover.

1,218 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    163 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. how can i change my email password

how can i change my email password

1,113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    374 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ☺

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
    The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

5. changing yo classic outlook

please let people choose which outlook they prefer

609 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    40 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Outlook.com app.

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ☺

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future, please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,

The Outlook Mobile Team

6. Easy to remove, arrange and add folders on mobile app.

I can't believe this day in age I cannot delete, create or arrange my folders on mobile app or desktop mobile function.. I have several folders that need deleted and have to start up my old 2010 netbook that has xp on it to do so!! Grrr come on Microsoft get with it!

345 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

7. bring back the bcc

the bcc option is an important feature. why is it missing from outlook mail?

271 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Being able to block emails from a certain address

Being able to block emails from a certain address

246 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Thank you for using Outlook.com and reaching out to us regarding your recent experience.

Currently, this channel is dedicated to feedback requests only, but we recently added in-app support to assist you with your questions and concerns.

To contact in-app support please use the following steps:
    Sign into your email account on any web browser on a pc or Mac, www.outlook.com .
    Click the ? in the top menu bar to open the Help pane.
    Click on the Help link toward the bottom of the pane to open the Contact Support box.

We look forward to assisting you there!

All the best
    The Outlook Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

9. Please allow infinite scroll for inbox.

This would be great, not having to click next page many different times. Thanks. :)

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New feedback from Outlook.com

Can you please put in better spam filters. I am getting innundated with junk email. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ana Ghosh

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi There,

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention. We have been coordinating with the Anti-Spam team and they were able to fix a recent issue with the spam filter

If you continue receiving extensive amounts of spam on a daily basis please contact one of our support teams. We’re here to help, but your support requests will be answered more quickly at the following links: https://support.office.com/article/8c95d913-d96b-4065-9171-e1fa44b03ff5 .

The Outlook Mobile Team

11. 204 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Thank you for using Outlook.com and reaching out to us regarding your recent experience.

Currently, this channel is dedicated to feedback requests only, but we recently added in-app support to assist you with your questions and concerns.

To contact in-app support please use the following steps:

Sign into your email account on any web browser on a pc or Mac, www.outlook.com .

Click the ? in the top menu bar to open the Help pane.

Click on the Help link toward the bottom of the pane to open the Contact Support box.

We look forward to assisting you there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

12. Make the delete option for an unwanted folder work

Despite having a right-click menu available for one's folders, regardless of how many times I click 'Delete' on the RSS Subscriptions Folder, it magically reappears.

I currently have no RSS Subscriptions and never use them, and they're not even activated in my Outlook 2016.

What is the point in having a 'Delete' option in the menu when it won't work? Please fix this, thank you.

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Outlook.com app.

All the best,

The Outlook Mobile Team

13. Change name

I would like to change my email "nickname" dont know if this is possible but I have been trying this for years now.

181 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    78 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

14. Option to switch between the new beta and the previous version

New version that was rolled out during September 2018 is way slower than the previous one and it also lacks basic functions we were used to, like for example the option to massively Move all Emails from a recipient elsewhere ( it was under Move To > Move all email from )

I am unable to even locate how to turn off Favorites in the upper left or move to the bottom.

You had a simple button switching between the new and old version and it now gone, we need that so we may choose what version suits us best.

168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

15. Delete my account please!

Delete my account

165 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    199 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
    The Outlook Mobile Team

16. New feedback from Outlook.com

what is wrong with the delete function?

it is not always working and does not work for multiple deletes. this has been going for a week or more.

160 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
    The Outlook Mobile Team

17. Update security

Was blocked access to my hotmail because visiting another country and couldn't send myself the text to unlock it so went through a large questionnaire process to get into my emails only to be told to change my password and when I went to add the security option of sending an email to another address (my husbands Gmail works fine) only to be told once again to send a text to my phone anyway! Why did I go through this process for nothing?! Pathetic

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

18. 151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
    The Outlook Mobile Team

19. instagram

I can not receive instagram securiy code. Help me please.

Emre

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    41 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

20. do not like changes

do not I repeat do not tweak or fiddle with one good thing just for the sake of fiddleing and attracting the youngsters. you need to also keep in minfd that the baby boomer generation or the Gen Y will not like certain changes and what has happened recently on hotmil is one of them...very disappointed

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,

The Outlook Mobile Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 2049 2050
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base