OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Outlook.com

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get rid of "Focused"

Focused inbox is not useful. Focused inbox has been putting too many items into the Other. Get rid of it!

2,577 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      16332 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using outlook.com.

We have some good news! You can actually turn the Focused inbox feature off and on as you wish. To do so:
      1. Go to settings in the top right corner of your screen. On the next screen,look in the left panel.
      2.Scroll down until you see a heading titled Layout.
      3.Listed under layout you should see an option for Focused Inbox.
      After you’ve clicked on Focused Inbox you will be given the option to “sort messages into Focused and Other” or “Don’t sort messages”.
      4.After selecting one of these options make sure to click the save button at the top of your screen then click options on the top left to return to your updated inbox.

If you are interested in learning more about our Focused inbox feature and how it works please…

• sender's email address not viewable?

We used to be able to see the sender's actual email address in the inbox when hovering over their "name" with the mouse cursor.

This does not work anymore. Very unsafe.

I now have to open the virus ridden email to see who it's from, in order to verify whether or not it is from a "fake" or imposter sender.

Please bring back the hover.

1,209 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Completed  ·  160 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Getting more spam than normal lately

I am getting way to much SPAM

692 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1190 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you all for bringing this to our attention. We have been coordinating with the Anti-Spam team and they were able to fix a recent issue with the spam filter

If you continue receiving extensive amounts of spam on a daily basis please contact one of our support teams. We’re here to help, but your support requests will be answered more quickly at the following links: https://support.office.com/article/8c95d913-d96b-4065-9171-e1fa44b03ff5 .
          The Outlook Mobile Team
          PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

• 360 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
            The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

• bring back the bcc

the bcc option is an important feature. why is it missing from outlook mail?

270 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Please allow infinite scroll for inbox.

This would be great, not having to click next page many different times. Thanks. :)

235 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Update security

Was blocked access to my hotmail because visiting another country and couldn't send myself the text to unlock it so went through a large questionnaire process to get into my emails only to be told to change my password and when I went to add the security option of sending an email to another address (my husbands Gmail works fine) only to be told once again to send a text to my phone anyway! Why did I go through this process for nothing?! Pathetic

155 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ?

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
                  The Outlook Team

• Email items not opens in Mobile site even after touching it multiple times

First Outlook takes way too much time to load on Mobile site. After that once it loads the email it simply won't open it even after touching it multiple times. Somebody seriously need to test this feature if you are not already doing it.

125 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    6 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
                    The Outlook Team

• I don't know what's going on my emails are not delivering instead it appears at daft

My emails are not delivering instead it's goes to the draft folder

115 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      432 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, everyone!

Thank you all for your patience today, we have issued a fix the for this issue and your email accounts should be functioning as normal.

If you continue to experience sending / receiving issues please Let us know here.

All the best,
                      Outlook mobile team

• Why have my messages started to go to junk?

Why, even AFTER I pull the message out of junk and send to inbox, the next message from the SAME sender goes to junk! What have you changed and how can I undo that stupidity?

92 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
                        The Outlook Team

• Shared calendar notifications

I'd like to be able to receive notifications when someone adds something to a calendar that we share. We used to be able to have that capacity and it would be really useful if we had that again!

81 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is available to all users: Open Outlook.com Calendar; click the Settings gear icon, Options; from Options pane, expand Calendar, Shared Calendars; click Calendar updates; check any calendar to receive calendar updates or uncheck any calendar to stop calendar updates; Save.

• Let users subscribe to Sports Teams calendars

One of the reasons I can't make myself switch from Google Calendars to Outlook is that Google lets me search for, and subscribe to, college and professional sports calendars (which get updated on the fly with scores and date changes/playoff additions, etc). If outlook supported this (both college and pro) in addition to things like Holiday calendars, I could make the switch.

80 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            Completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • I can't receive or send mail

Please check this email address for me ( JMontas@outlook.com) why I can't add another Microsoft Account with it. It's my default Mail Address.
                            One more issue with it I can't receive or send any mails.
                            Thank you

66 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              141 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Outlook.com app.

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ☺

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future, please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,

The Outlook Mobile Team

• 60 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
                                The Outlook Team

• Sharable Calendars

I'd love to be able to share my work schedule with my SO, that doesn't mean they want to see all my job appointments, or sport related events.
                                I'd love to be able to create a work schedule calendar that I can share with my SO, a sports event calendar that I can share with my football friends, etc.

57 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  27 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now available to all users: Open login to your work calendar in Outlook on the web; click “Share” along the top and choose the calendar you wish to share. Enter the email address of the person with whom you wish to share the calendar, choose the level of permissions, and click Share.

You can also share your calendar from a work account to a personal account using Outlook on iOS or Android.

A few notes:
                                  - It’s possible that your work’s IT Admin has blocked sharing of calendars externally, and you’ll see an error if that’s the case.

- If the other person is using another calendar service such as Gmail.com, they will need to use the internet calendar URL provided in the sharing email, or you can generate one from Calendar Settings (under Calendar publishing). They will use the URL ending in “.ics” to add an internet…

• Make it easier to filter messages by categories

Categories: I am missing the option to have Categories show in the folder pane. Without Categories in the folder pane, there is no way to view all emails that fall within a particular category, making categories relatively useless.

In addition, categories are nowhere as "user friendly" in Outlook.com Preview. Color-coding is fine but it would be better to have the ability to rename the colors to define specific uses (i.e., red=Important, green=in progress, yellow=assigned, etc.)

51 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    Completed  ·  WebOlkUVTriage responded

Please check the options available to you: settings cog > Options > Mail > Layout > Categories. There you can specify which categories to show in the folder pane.

• Add an option to delete folders on the mobile web site or app

As per title, why this function isn't there already is baffling

49 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
                                      The Outlook Team

• Stop. Whatever Outlook is doing and sending me stuff to my hotmail- stop. I hate outlook, period. Stop.

My hotmail gets messages from outlook on when my bills are due because it basically reads my emails. Stop it. I know when to pay my bills. I already get emails from the places where my bills are due! I don’t need outlook’s help. Yes, I have already gone through the settings; and it still happens. So STOP!!

44 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Thank you for using Outlook.com and reaching out to us regarding your recent experience.

Currently, this channel is dedicated to feedback requests only, but we recently added in-app support to assist you with your questions and concerns.

To contact in-app support please use the following steps:

Sign into your email account on any web browser on a pc or Mac, www.outlook.com .

Click the ? in the top menu bar to open the Help pane.

Click on the Help link toward the bottom of the pane to open the Contact Support box.

We look forward to assisting you there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

• Delete big groups of mail

Delete mail in big groups, ( I have over a thousand)if there then make it easier to find out how. Please help me out.

40 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

All the best,
                                          The Outlook Team

• Option to move a calendar event to another calendar

Users make mistakes and, since I have multiple calendars synced on my device, I sometimes add a new event to the wrong calendar.
                                          It would be very handy to change the calendar of an event, so I can move it to the correct calendar

40 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            14 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi — this is now possible to do in Outlook.com Calendar. When you’re viewing an event, there is a option titled “Save to calendar”. You can change that option to the calendar you’d like the event to be moved to, and then save your changes.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 2087 2088
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base