OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please put the flagged messages on top like you did before.

Please put the flagged messages on top like you did before.

14,571 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    597 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback. You can place messages to the top by right clicking the message and selecting pin and it will pin it to the top. We are reviewing this feedback so please keep the feedback and comments coming.

2. New feedback from Outlook.com

Block content from unknown person did not work properly.
    I have much more received unknown nor I like it and tell me how to block permanently blocked these email.

and attachment pic has auto show. I have already block attachment picture.
    make your service better.

and reply me when solve my problems

13,023 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    55 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ☺

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

3. Please change it back, so the select all feature only applies to the box you are working in.

Please change the select all feature back to only select all boxes in the inbox you are working in. Right now select all is all or nothing, to include the flagged items which makes cleaning out my inbox very inconvenient.

11,554 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    374 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Working on it  ·  WebOlkUVTriage responded

The ability to select all messages in a given folder (not only the ones that are in view) is being worked on. As soon as we have an update on this, I’ll share with the users in this forum.

4. Spam emails

Please not allow people to choose their name as: Mail, verification, email alert.
    Nobody is called “verification “ and so on... I get a lot of spams emails from those scammers !!!

7,911 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    66 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Blocking certain email adresses from entering inbox

First, I enjoy this product and service greatly, but I’m finding an issue for me. Mosty, I dont want certain people emailing anymore and cannot unsubscribe to them. Also, there should be user privacy options for disclosing my info such as name and so on to whom I choose. Thank you for your time.

4,441 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import old junk mail rules rather than starting from scratch.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the new Outlook.com - great job, and please carry on making it more excellent.
    I'm a bit peeved, however, by the emails asking me if a just-received email was junk or not. Typically that's triggered by an email to myself, and I'd think those are easy to qualify. I also get the same "junk/not?" prodding after each email I send myself, and I'd think the rules stick.
    Lastly, I'm now getting emails which previously (before beta) had long been filtered as junk.
    Thanks for listening!

4,306 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    55 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate a task management (todo-list) system that is worth using!

Currently, Microsoft (at least) has four different tasks/todo systems, and they are all half-baked. I would like to see Outlook.com combining all of them into a well-arranged view.

1) Tasks from the Outlook.com Calendar. Simple, straight forward tasks, with no form of grouping or list-building.

2) Tasks Cortana creates for me, including person-depending and location-depending reminders. Would nice to have a place where I can see, add and edit them. Especially when Windows 10 is here.

3) Flagged Emails: After flagging a number of mails, I can't see all of them anymore on the top. It would be nice if…

4,000 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    80 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the detailed feedback and comments on this. Like you’ve noted we, as a company, have put work into tasks and task management before and it is an area we continue to give thought to as there is still improvement to make. I will pass this feedback and the comments on to the right folks for more consideration. If I can share anything substantive back, I will. Thanks again for the feedback and engagement.

8. Show Number of New Emails in Browser Tab

Show number of New Emails on Browser Tab.

3,946 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Working on it  ·  188 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. blocking unwanted senders email

Your new outlook version is still missing important items. One example: The older versions allowed you to hover the pointer over an incoming message & it would show who/the email address of the sender. And it allowed you a series of choices to delete or block the sender. This was very important to completely get rid of continuous junk mail or possibly email with Trojan horse--instead of opening and having possible problems.

3,364 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    902 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Delete bulk emails

Delete multiple ails instead of one at a time

2,922 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    256 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notification Settings

I want to be able to turn on/off email notifications. Right now I get a notification sound for every email that gets delivered.

2,185 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    74 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Get rid of that goddam CONVERSATION HISTORY in Outlook. I don't use conversations. Make it optional.

Get rid of that goddam CONVERSATION HISTORY in Outlook. I don't use conversations and I suspect a lot of other Outlook users don't use it. Why do you nerds insist on making everyone in your image? Make the **** thing optional.

2,063 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    205 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Going Back to Pages instead of Infinite Scroll

Can you please go back to viewing you emails by pages and get rid of the infinite scroll.
    There is no way of being able to tell how many emails are in your inboxes.

1,994 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    533 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to block entire domains not just individual adresses

I have litterally dozens of spam emails from phishing scammers coming from the same domain. I can send 5 or more different emails from the same domain and more show up hours later make the option to block domains in their entirety more visible or make it an option. I've checked PC and mobile versionz and neither seem to have this functionality.

1,733 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Spam filtering

Could you make a partnership with a spam filtering service integrated into outlook? Some of those services are very effective when they recognize spam patterns.

1,700 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Retain Hotmail User Interface

Please create a display option that leaves my mailbox looking like it did under Hotmail. I am used to Hotmail, I liked it, and I never asked to be upgraded to anything.

Please create an option so users who preferred the old appearance and functionality can remain comfortable.

1,630 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    400 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Opt In to New Capabilities

It would be helpful within Outlook.com settings to be able to opt-in to beta capabilities - is this possible so as to get the latest and greatest experiences Microsoft is pushing out - and provide feedback through UserVoice :)

1,609 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Empty Junk folder

Why did you remove "Empty"? You need a way to empty the Junk Email folder. This is ridiculous.

1,564 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    447 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring back the check box

There used to be a check box next to each mail that allowed me to select multiple mails and then move them to another folder or delete them at once. Now that it's gone, its takes so much time to do so. Please put it back!

1,536 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    279 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. New feedback from Outlook.com

Hi just a couple of things , the little arrow on the top of the folders scroll bar does not work . Also the OUTLOOK get stuck in send after sending an E-Mail, so whenever you select a folder it ends up with the screen sending the lat thing sent.

1,470 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise. ☺

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,
    The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 279 280
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base