OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. setting to open calendar, people, etc. in new tab or same tab !

The icons on the bottom left for mail, calendar, people, etc. keep being switched between opening in a new tab & opening in the same tab. Could you please just put a setting in the menu so users can pick what they want

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. See the location and system from where they tried to takeover your adress.

See the location and system from where they tried to takeover your adress.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New feedback from Outlook.com

As far as the different versions, I like the sweep on beta better than the regular one but I still like
    the look of the regular one with the square boxes so much better than the beta. It is also annoying when sorting senders to have the headings on it, you can see that they are all the same and it is so much easier to go through emails and select them all for deletion and then uncheck the newest or most important ones. If you could get rid of that or have an option to un-select sort headers that…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would suggest abiding by the current constitutional and privacy laws of the nation when writing up your user agreement.

Obey the constitutional law of the nation instead of squeezing in privacy violations in your user agreement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Major Danger with new interface on email verification before opening

Major Danger with new interface on email verification before opening
    People now can no longer verify the source or IP adress before opening their emails

Since Microsoft changes the interface, when you receive an unopened email, without even opening it, you could click on the right side to see the source and IP address, so you can block or notify an attempt to Phishing.

Now to get the icon you are mentioning or click on the right side to see the mention (show the source of the message), you have no more choice to open it because these icons are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Easy tab

Why can’t there be an easy tab for security settings. Why can’t you just click on a tab that shows your backup email, password settings, security questions and be able to change everything from said tab? Why is that so difficult? Why do I even use this stupid email?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. New feedback from Outlook.com

free access of Microsoft apps when buying new computer1 year when buying new comp?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New feedback from Outlook.com

Hi, what happened to the new format for Tasks? I loved the new one because it replicated what is in the mobile apps. This old version is rubbish and clunky as. How can I change it back to the new version.

The new one lets me see everything in the different view like Priority and My Day.

Please help

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When I mark a sender as safe, this should automatically move any messages from them out of Junk.

Currently. if I use the context menu in Junk to mark the message in focus as from a safe sender, it doesn't move the message I am viewing out of Junk. I have to perform a second, separate action to move it out of Junk.

This is completely counterintuitive. If I've chosen a sender as safe, then it follows that the messages are not Spam. Why make me take the additional step of telling the system that this message - from a sender I have just marked as safe - isn't spam?

You should change the logic so that if…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Password Security issue

Somebody hacked an account where he sent a link to the contacts and I was one of them, the linked requested to login onto ur hotmail/live account, ive put my email and password then, hours later i came to knw about the hack issue. Ive logged in to change my password however, ive noticed that the email was linked to an old phone# thus, ive requested to change the phone# which i discovered later on that it needs 24 hours to be updated and i cant change the password until the phone# is changed !! Now, if the hacker has…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New feedback from Outlook.com

I really miss colors. Meaning: all the icons are the same light gray, fonts are gray, backgrounds are gray.
    I think it would be great if the icons were not flat and one colored, and would allow easy recognition of functionality just by the graphics. The new icons just look alike. There is no difference between a warning icon and a delete icon in terms of color. It is all just gray. Everything is 2 toned, too simplified, too flat, too monotone. Using gray fonts on gray background in a lot of cases also makes it very hard to read,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Retrieve deleted items from trash

Retrieving accidentally deleted items from the Junk or Deleted folders isn't possible while using the mobile-friendly website or the Outlook app. There only seems to be an option to recover deleted items from the desktop version, which isn't fully functional on my mobile device. It's a consistent issue because emails, which have been marked as safe, still go to my Junk folder.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make links in calendar events clickable

Currently when I click on a calendar event, a tile opens that displays the basic calendar event info, or I can click "Open Event" to view the full calendar event info. In the tile with basic calendar event info, I can see the link to the video call for the meeting, but I can't click the link, or even highlight it to copy it. The only way is to manually type out the link URL in a new tab. It would be helpful if these links were clickable and opened in a new tab. This is particularly handy when rushing…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Personal contact card

The outlook.com account holder needs a personal contact card to identify the user. The information about the email account holder is never consolidated and is intentionally scattered on different webpages never leading to identifying the inbox, sent items and outbox owner

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. In the contact section have a blocking option

Just like Facebook or any other social media platforms there are options to block a contact...we can block emails from coming in such as spam etc but we can't easily access the blocking option for contacts..and even once we have accessed this the contact is still able to email us...we need a button that we can block and unblock people in our contact list but so that the blocked person can no longer email the person blocking. Just like Facebook, once your blocked there you can not send messages anymore and it tells you the person can't be reached... Outlook…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)