OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

Thank you for using Outlook.com and reaching out to us regarding your recent experience.

Currently, this channel is dedicated to feedback requests only, but we recently added in-app support to assist you with your questions and concerns.

To contact in-app support please use the following steps:

Sign into your email account on any web browser on a pc or Mac, www.outlook.com .

Click the ? in the top menu bar to open the Help pane.

Click on the Help link toward the bottom of the pane to open the Contact Support box.

We look forward to assisting you there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

2. Can't log in to my newly created @outlook account

Just yesterday i created a new account, whenever i try to log in, it shows an error and wont let me continue on to my mail. It's weird because i have an older @hotmail.com account that i can access without any issues at all. I logged on to the microsoft account with it, no problems, checked if the outlook service was up and running and it was fine, your help tab didn't help me at all (and i had to access it from the older account since i couldn't even send an email to support using the new account)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Thank you for using Outlook.com and reaching out to us regarding your recent experience.

Currently, this channel is dedicated to feedback requests only, but we recently added in-app support to assist you with your questions and concerns.

Sign into your email account on any web browser on a pc or Mac, www.outlook.com .

Click on the Help link toward the bottom of the pane to open the Contact Support box.

All the best

The Outlook Team

PS: Please use the Help Section of the app for any questions, we are not able to see replies to this address.

3. No Automatic Deletion for Junk Mails

Hi,
    It seems that mail in the junk mailbox will be deleted after a few days. If there is a setting where I can disable the automatic deletion. There are important emails which I may have missed out and it got deleted after a few days.
    Please do let me know if there is such function to disable the automatic deletion for junk mail.
    If there is no such function, kindly consider to retain mails in the junk mailbox. Many users have feedback on the importance of not deleting junk mails automatically after a few days. Important mails which has…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

4. Connected Account activity flagged as suspicious

I have my second Hotmail account linked to my first Hotmail account as a "Connected Account" in order to be able to sign in once and see email from all of my Hotmail accounts in one place. This is great. However, ~once every couple of weeks the IMAP sync process is flagged by Outlook as being suspicious so access to my second Hotmail account by my first Hotmail account is blocked.

As this is one Microsoft service contacting another I would expect you could identify this as safe access. It would be great to get this fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

5. contact names changed without my will!

why do you change the names of my contacts in my mailbox???? (putting it in capital letters, removing some signs etc.), i don't like it!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

6. Mean What You Say or Don't Say What You Don't Mean

Can Outlook features just do what they say they do? If I'm dealing with spam, "block" should mean just that - these emails should never appear in my account. And if the blocking feature says I can block domains (e.g., appspot.com), then how come I can't add those domains to the blocking list? Same with "delete" when setting rules. Or how about having emails from "safe senders" actually show up in the inbox versus "deleted items" folder? If Outlook doesn't want to allow users to have such control over their own email accounts, then stop showing these features when they…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

7. I received one email stating some threats and shared 8digits of my password. I want to change password immediately.Mobile# not with me. help

I want to change my password and unfortunately my mobile is not with me on which I’ll get password reset code.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

8. Receiving emails telling me to unsubscribe people.

Why am I getting emails from people telling them to unsubscribe them? I'm not sending emails to anyone asking them to subscribe to anything! I also continue to receive emails from people I am flagging. Why can't I just block people?!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey There!

Thank you for reaching out to let us know about your recent experience while using the Oultook.com app.

We apologize for the inconvenience and believe all your questions can be answered by going to the following link: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Get-help-with-Outlook-com-40676ad0-c831-45ac-a023-5be633be798d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here you will find assistance for everything from getting started using your account to troubleshooting any issues that may arise.

If you have a feature you would like to see added to the app in the future please let us know here in the UserVoice forum.

All the best,

The Outlook Team

PS: We are not able to see replies to this address. Please refer any additional questions you may have to in-app support or the online answer forums.

10. New mails not showing

While I was reading my new mail in my inbox, all of a sudden page refreshed and I can no longer see my new mails. They’re vanished all of a sudden. I have important emails that needs to be addressed. Please give me a solution.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

11. Outlook 2013 will not remove Webmail's microsoft exchange

Outlook 2013 is prevented from synchronising with Microsoft Exchange. Please update Outlook 2013 to provide function to remove Outlook.com Webmail's Microsoft Exchange.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

12. Profile picture

I have changed my profile picture, but it shows another picture on the emails that i send. No matter what i do, i couldnt fix this problem and it is annoying. Why would anyone have this problem??it is nonsense. I have deleted profile pic and reloaded many times; i have changed the pic on microsoft account, one drive and skype too. But it is still there. A picture i have never uploaded is on my PROFILE!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

13. Ask me first

Why is my email Black? I didn't ask you to change it, you didn't ask me if I'd like not to be able to read my emails....ASK first. No, I'd like it back to how it was. Now I have to waste my time figuring how to get it back.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

14. Fix Sexist Glitch in Outlook

I have reported this multiple times within the Outlook app itself, but have never heard a response so am escalating it here. When you are in Outlook Desktop and go to insert an Online Image, you get a screen that shows a variety of tiles representing some default image search categories. The problem is that there is a category for "Man" but not a category for "Woman". This should be remedied.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

16. To be able to disconnect from Gmail synced account. At present once you sync, it ca not be undone.

I synced my Gmail account with Outlook. Surly enough the Icon appeared just below the Outlook Icon and when I hover the pointer, my Gmail address also shows. When i click, a new tab opens and my gmail address is shown. However this can not be undone. Once you sync, you can never disconnect the Gmail or remove the icon. This needs be fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

17. Fix undeliverable email that is 'resent' to correct address, still shown as 'sent' to old, incorrect address.

An 'Undeliverable' email notification from Microsoft Outlook, has this option:

>>>
    To send this message again, click here.
    <<<

After using that option and deleting the invalid address and replacing it with the correct address, and sending again; at least two things happen:

1. Another email is added to the Outlook 'Sent' folder... but that also shows as being sent to the old, INCORRECT address.

2. The old INCORRECT address is also used as the 'To:' address for the resent email, as received by the NEW recipient.

How about fixes for these issues?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

18. Make sure that draft messages sent from within folders don't disappear

I found what seems to be a bug with Outlook. Create and save a draft email. Move that email to a folder within your mailbox. Now open it, edit it, and hit Send. The mail disappears, and is not sent. It is nowhere in deleted, sent or drafts and is not conveyed to recipient either.

My suggestion is to fix this very dangerous bug. I am on Outlook for Mac v16.33
    First reported this on Twitter https://twitter.com/alexbfree/status/1219230363026907136 and was advised to post it here.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

19. When trying to delete a draft email, please do not delete the original email the draft is replying to

There are times when I reply to an email, but before I send it, I either resolve the issue or decide not to send the reply, but when I go to discard the draft, it deletes the email I was reply to! If I am discarding the draft, that's all I am doing! I don't want the original email I received to be deleted! Please fix this so I don't have drafts sitting in the draft folder unnecessarily!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

20. Letting my emails through!

Please let my emails through. I removed all blocks and all I get is zillions of spam msgs, but my utility bills are blocked and those messages that are needed to verify email addresses are blocked. I'm at wit's end with this account. It's useless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

All the best

The Outlook Team

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base