OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When reply to an e-mail, margins are not set to the user selected default but to a standard setting of 1/8th inch. Have to reset manually.

When reply to an e-mail, margins are not set to the user selected default but to a standard setting of 1/8th inch. Have to reset manually every time if want a wider margin.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. please enable back Thread View where all message lists in Reading Pane (similar to Web Outlook)

please enable back Thread View where all message lists in Reading Pane (similar to Web Outlook)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow logins with just email and password

Allow users to log in with email address and password. Currently, every time I log in to outlook via a browser, even if I use my work email, I will be logged into my school email. This doesn't seem safe at all; that I put one address and password in and get access to another.

The posted solution is to close all windows after logging out and restart the browser. The problem with this is, I always have many tabs open that I'm working on for research and don't want to take 15 minutes to book mark everything, which I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Create Release and Allow button in End User Spam Notification email

Right now users can release emails, but they cannot whitelist those email address unless they are a security admin. It would be nice to have a "Release and Allow" button that would let users release the message and add the email to their safe senders list. Or you could create a specific role that let's users whitelist the address instead of having to give them Security Admin.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Showing seconds in sent mails

Showing the seconds in the timestamp in ALSO the sent mails, which is VERY important in numerous occasions, could be quite handy, wouldn't you think? I have NO idea why on EARTH this simple yet effective thing isn't possible on Outlook mails!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would like option to see Recipient email address / name

I sent one email, which I sent separately to individual email addresses.

Once they were sent, I put them in one folder. When I open that folder, it is impossible for me to see, which email went to which person because only my email address appears (as the sender). I looked in the "Sort" option, and "Recipient" is not offered. I would like to see either "Recipient" offered as a sort option or the ability to list both Sender/Receiver email addresses.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please make the text format popup when composing email in Outlook Online OPTIONAL

In Outlook Online (outlook.live.com/mail), when I'm typing an email in HTML format (rather than plain mode), an annoying popup appears over my text every time I highlight a piece of text. The popup obscures my text (sometimes even the literal text I'm writing, depending on my window size and where the popup simply chooses to appear) and is NOT helpful at all. I have checked Settings several times and cannot find out how to disable it.

I guess it is intended to "help" me access the font size button, bold button, and italic button, etc., faster... but those buttons are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unified Inbox in Outlook (Microsoft 365)

Havinf recently upgraded my motherboard and reinstalled Windows 10 I have lost the Outlook thick client in which I had a unified inbox for my three hotmail accounts. In Microsoft 365 there seems to be now way of adding my additional two accounts so I have to keep signing out to sign in to my other email address. Why is this functionality apparently not available in the browser version of Outlook?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. want a feature where my email won't show it was forwarded

how do I block the feature that I forwarded an email

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to delete attachments from the attachments list

Currently there is no way to delete an attachment from the attachment lists in mail which is ridiculous. This needs to be added. MS Help gave no assistance in removing the file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Junk Mail Correction

I had issues with my junk mail on my outlook account. I was only receiving one or two junk mails a day and they would delete themselves the same day. I explained this to the Microsoft support team and all they were ever able to do was suggest me to use the ‘recovery add in’ tool to recover any missed emails. It was also suggested to save the email addresses as a ‘safe sender’ but there was no particular email address that was an issue it was my junk function as a whole. Luckily my junk mail has started to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Create a like button and/or an acknowledge button for emails. This would help as a quick responses option.

Create a like button and/or an acknowledge button for emails. This would help as a quick responses option. I often find myself not wanting to write a full response but just needing to acknowledge or say I agree or like the idea. It would be great if at least on the persons who sends or clicks like if it records that you liked the message.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. New Outlook.com "News" Feature / Tab

I would prefer Microsoft not make my choices for me; forcibly adding "News" feature to Outlook.com is a perfect example. I didn't ask for it, I don't need it and, most importantly, I don't want it, yet, feature is present and I can't delete it. For me, email is a communication tool, not a social tool. Please allow me to choose email features which best suit my needs for myself. Please allow me to delete "News" feature.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add time condition to rules for messages I send.

There have been several requests to be able to delay delivery of all messages sent outside of business hours until the beginning of the next business day. This would be an easy rule to set up if "sent during this time" were a criterion on new rules for messages I send. For example, I would set a rule to apply to all messages I send after 6PM and before 7AM, to delay delivery until 7AM the next business day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Office 365 profile picture doesn't show up in the receiver mailbox (External Users)

Office 365 profile picture doesn't show up in the receiver mailbox. We are only able to see the profile pictures of internal users, however we are not able to view the profile pictures of the external users

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Suggestions For Outlook.com: Voice Emails - Read & Write Emails by Voice.

1. Introduce a facility of Voice Emails - Voice Input Based Email Writing & Voice Output Based Email Reading i.e You have to speak & the emails will be written automatically without you typing anything in emails. You have to just click on read out icon & the emails will be read out.

2. Also introduce Voice based Spelling correction - i.e if there is any mistake in spelling then a voice will come out & notify us that there is spelling mistake & will provide us suggestion for correct spellings.
      Plz forward the suggestion to the concerned person, department.
      If you…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In Outlook in Edge, heading of email I receive has changed. The To: says, you. Use to say, my email address. Please create update to corr

In Outlook in Edge, the heading of the email I receive has changed. The To: says, you. It use to say, my email address. Please create an update to correct that. Otherwise the email To you could be any spam email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Wrap text in the Reading Pane.

Wrap text in the Reading Pane, really, is this so difficult?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable DKIM for Office 365 Home / Microsoft 365 Family mailboxes with a personalized email address

The Office 365 Home / Microsoft 365 Family subscription has a premium option which allows you to use your own email domain.
    However, there is no option to enable the DKIM security measure in the premium interface for your own personalized email addresses / own email domain.
    Without DKIM, outgoing email often ends up in the recipient's Spam folder, because the mail is not signed and authenticity can not be verified.

Can you enable the option to enable/configure DKIM in the outlook.com UI for Office 365 Home / Microsoft 365 Family subscribers?
    (just like you enabled the personalized email addresses…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories