OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Folder pane configuration

Allow the folder pane to be configured to eliminate the clutter. Things that cannot be removed: Contacts - useless and broken; Archive - why add this folder when I am not archiving?; Conversation History - unwanted and useless, can be deleted but reappears seconds later; Journal - unwanted and useless; Notes - unwanted and useless; RSS Feeds1 - unwanted and useless; Tasks - unwanted and useless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete Contact like Spam: 1 button!!

Spam/junk comes in, we select it or click on it & a few icons appear. Why must an electronic address book however be so much more complicated?!? 1 Button & contact/junk/trash is no longer available to sight!!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Suggestions For Outlook.com: Voice Emails - Read & Write Emails by Voice.

1. Introduce a facility of Voice Emails - Voice Input Based Email Writing & Voice Output Based Email Reading i.e You have to speak & the emails will be written automatically without you typing anything in emails. You have to just click on read out icon & the emails will be read out.

2. Also introduce Voice based Spelling correction - i.e if there is any mistake in spelling then a voice will come out & notify us that there is spelling mistake & will provide us suggestion for correct spellings.
      Plz forward the suggestion to the concerned person, department.
      If you…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. searching for unread emails

searching for unread emails, you can do this with the desktop application, but not web application.

read:no
    Items that have not been read. You can also use read:false to get the same results.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow sharing birthday calendars

It would be great if you could allow people to share birthday calendars. I wasn't able to sync mi birthday calendar with my Gmail account, so I had to create a new one that is exactly the same 🙄

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Deleting Inbox messages

Deleting inbox messages ; Make the option to delete messages from the inbox more Secure so the whole inbox doesn't land in the trash. I had 6,000 + Unread inbox emails deleted!! I am recovering from ID theft and only my Outlook email which I haven't checked in years had the evidence I needed to Press charges and file a claim with Equifax for their Data breech.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Outlook.live.com

Allow option to remove Google icon (account) which is located just below Outlook icon on the top left side. If you add and decide to remove or replace with another account there is no possibility to do so. This is on web outlook live.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gmail's label:unread equivalent for advanced search

Currently, working through to clean unread emails is very difficult without the ability to search for something similar to the 'label:unread' functionality in gmail.

By using that in the searchbar, rather than via a drop down or filter option, we can append other advanced search criteria such as 'label:unread from:*@abc.xyz" and better work through the inbox.

This is now TABLE STAKES for any power user.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show the emails you enumerate

How about showing in my inbox and sent mails instead of a blank area as if I have no mail or didn’t send messages on my iPhone?! Also, you specify the number of messages in spam and deleted mail, but when I click on those they show no mails from spammers or emails I recently sent. No wonder gmail is more popular

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. In Outlook in Edge, heading of email I receive has changed. The To: says, you. Use to say, my email address. Please create update to corr

In Outlook in Edge, the heading of the email I receive has changed. The To: says, you. It use to say, my email address. Please create an update to correct that. Otherwise the email To you could be any spam email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Wrap text in the Reading Pane.

Wrap text in the Reading Pane, really, is this so difficult?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. WHAT has happened with the Log-In / Sign-In background landscape picture ???

It seems the Log-In / Sign-In background p[picture has been removed.
    All that appears when opening the Log-In page is the Log-In itself where one enters their E-Mail Address and Password.

As for the background around it there is no more landscape picture BUT just a slightly color hued background.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You cannot fix the calendar with appointments in Outlook. You have to click the calendar / agenda again and again. Why does locking not work

You cannot fix the calendar with appointments in Outlook. You have to click the calendar / agenda again and again. Why does locking not work?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Password Security issue

Somebody hacked an account where he sent a link to the contacts and I was one of them, the linked requested to login onto ur hotmail/live account, ive put my email and password then, hours later i came to knw about the hack issue. Ive logged in to change my password however, ive noticed that the email was linked to an old phone# thus, ive requested to change the phone# which i discovered later on that it needs 24 hours to be updated and i cant change the password until the phone# is changed !! Now, if the hacker has…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Suggestions

1. Allow the subject line on received emails to be changed/edited like you can in MS Outlook.

2. Automatically open/expand folders with new/unread emails auto filtered into folders through Rules. Currently I have to open each folder which contains a subfolder just to see if there are any new/unread emails. I've missed a few utilities bills already.

3. Make each email address (I currently have 5) and subsequent folders a different/alternating color to make it easier to differentiate.

4. Make it much easier to get to all the Rules you have set up. I can't find a way to get to them easily -…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Attachments are not deleted even though emails have been deleted

Please put a delete button in the files section. When emails are deleted sometimes the attachments are still showing in the files section. It gets very confusing to find the attachments you want.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop moving emails to junk after they landed in inbox already

I sometimes receive an email in my mailbox which later gets moved into junk automatically. This must stop since it sometimes affects legitimate emails too. Once it was in the inbox, leave it there. I cant afford to lose track of an email because you removed it to the junk box in the meantime

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Stop blocking automated messages

I never receive automated password reset emails (not in junk folder), which means I have to then email in to ask for it - i mean websites where I’ve forgotten login details, and have to reset. Please sort it out!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Searching for a specific email in the search bar takes far too long to load

I was looking for a certain email in my inbox. I decided to use the search bar hoping to find the email quickly. I typed the contacts name in the search bar, and It continued to load for over 5 minutes. Eventually I gave up. It was far too time consuming. Oddly enough, I used the same search bar frequently in the past to find emails, but did not have this issue.
    I now have to manually search through 1,000s of emails to find what I am looking for, which is frustrating and a waste of time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base