OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ability to free text phone # & address labels

Both Outlook contacts as well as the Microsoft People app need to have the ability to free text phone number and address fields (labels) instead of the standard ones such as home, work, mobile... Some people have more than one office location and phone and putting work as the field doesn't distinguish one from the other. It would be better to say Northwest office (phone or address) or Downtown office (phone or address). Google contacts, Apple contacts and Contacts+ have this ability.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Deleting Name Tags

Name Tags remove from emails because I only have one email address and don't need these tags. It then filters mails even though I don't need it

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Here's an idea

All of your nerdy, geeky improvements have left me guessing at how to find or navigate in my own email! Have you ever heard the saying, "If it isn't broke don't fix it"? For instance, it took me quite a long time to figure out how to delete many emails at once as I previously could. I only got lucky and stumbled upon how to bring up your secret screen to delete bulk, **** mails all at once. I ask you, should reading one's emails be this complicated? You people are idiot savants. You know to program complicated code but…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Contacts to big font size on contact names.

Contacts to big font size on contact names.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to be able to set filters for different maps than the inbox.

My spam folder has been flooded with mails from randomly generated addresses, but with similarities. All addresses are in the style *@*yelp.com (with the asterisk marking some random code like N3sqhisy4).

I want to delete this mail from my spam folder automatically by using a filter. At the moment, I cannot, since filters only apply to the inbox. These emails are being recognized by outlook as spam (good job). Therefore, they are sent to my spam folder and filters do not apply.

Please let me use filters on my spam folder, like remove when adress contains *. It would make…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shipping

It would be nice to add scheduled shipping. In my case it would be for curriculum. Others do. Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow text-decoration none

Allow text-decoration none in html signatures, to avoid the default underline. Clickable can be indicated by different layout styles.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to be able to forward sent items as well. Do we get commission off the feedback or do you just pinch all the ideas

I want to be able to forward sent items as well. Do we get commission off the feedback or do you just pinch all the ideas

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Longer than 30 days account inquiry summary..90 days would be great.

While its great we can go back in summary and see when and where access to the account was made, it would be great if longer than the 30 days. I had an issue, since resolved, but apparently a bot program was trying to access my account. I wanted to go back in history and see when it started to discover if a software installed had triggered it. Unfortunately it only went back 30 days...longer would be better.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Delete all in delete folder

I would love to see a select all option for permanently deleting messages in the delete folder. I have this option on my computer but not my mobile device, and I have no room to download more apps. 1800+ old messages is difficult to delete by groups of five. Thanks.

840 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow customizable fields

I switch to outlook email from gmail due to gmail is blocked in some countries where I travel and live from time to time.
    I like outlook email, however I like the customizable fields in gmail contacts. For example I have multiple home phones for each country and multiple home addresses. When using gmail, I was able to add and customize the labels for each phone and address.
    Right now, it is painful as I have to use gmail contacts for my contact list. This prevents me from entirely switching to outlook.
    Looking forward to a better and flexible contact…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change order of calendars

Please add the ability to reorder My calendars.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Why have you replaced the position of 'Compose email' button with 'Delete email' button?

Happy to see updates are made to the Outlook web client but I'm not satisfied with the fact that you have moved the 'Compose email' button to the left and placed the 'Delete email' where the compose email button used to be. Just this morning I have accidentally deleted 3 emails when trying to compose a new one. I understand that changes need to be made and I applaud a lot of them, but please keep user habits in mind!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow people to view their pin through their outlook

Allow people to view their pin through their outlook

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Better options to receive emails & order confirmations from large retail merchants

Hotmail continually has issues with receiving emails from retail merchants, as far as order confirmations, password reset emails, account verifications, etc etc. I don’t have time to ask all of them to go through your process to unblock them. This is frustrating & ridiculous. They also don’t show up in the Junk folder, so where are they going & why can’t we at least view these emails somewhere on our account?? This has even happened after adding the email addresses to my contacts list. Please fix this

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The 2-point verification has not helped to secure my emails. I have two separate emails with Outlook and both have been hacked several times

The 2-point verification has not helped to secure my accounts. I have two separate email accounts with Outlook and both have been hacked into. Today alone I have had to change the password on both accounts 3 times today. Both accounts have the 2-point verification and I also downloaded the separate Authenticator App. How do I recover my accounts?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. fix desktop version on edge for Android 10 and also pachydermic feedback page

when you switch between mobile or desktop version on Edge (Android 10) the Outlook site goes crazy going continuously from one mode to the other without ending the loading! ... and then do something to streamline this feedback page, because with the search for the words you type takes an eternity and it even blocks Edge! ... it took me half an hour to write this message, it kept waiting for the holy spirit!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Selecting multiple emails

When selecting multiple emails , weither to deleat a large group or move to a folder, when theybare auto unselected it is very annoying. Makeing selection boxes bigger would also be a benifit

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base