OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Email Aliases for Microsoft 365 Family

I am interested in Microsoft 365 Family addition, but without the ability to use email aliases, it is not sufficient to meet my needs. Please add this as a feature, or an optional add-on.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Turn off automatic editorial feature in Outlok.

Turn off automatic editorial feature in Outlook.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Do not delete SPAMS after 10 days

I have VERY important mails from potential employers during job search going to spams. You should not delete spams automatically, as the SPAMS filter does not work proparly also if I forget to look to the spams or do not check my mails, I will never know as after 8-10 days, they are deleted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow bcc meeting invites

At the moment I'm running numerous meetings via Teams, using an Outlook invite. At present there is no way to hide the other invitees, who might be outside of my organisation. This means I'm giving away their email address, which is a potential issue under GDPR.

If meetings had the same option as emails, to bbc and send to yourself, the other attendees would be anonymous until they accepted.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add time condition to rules for messages I send.

There have been several requests to be able to delay delivery of all messages sent outside of business hours until the beginning of the next business day. This would be an easy rule to set up if "sent during this time" were a criterion on new rules for messages I send. For example, I would set a rule to apply to all messages I send after 6PM and before 7AM, to delay delivery until 7AM the next business day.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Changing a default answer of Office365 logging screen "Stay in?" to NO

The Office 365 asks every time when I log in: Do you want to stay in? That's because I delete cookies after each session.
    I'm hate that box because every time I must use a mouse to answer NO, because the default answer is YES. The NO has always been the default answer in computers and it should be now also. Normally you can press tab to change NO to YES but not now!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give suggestions like in google Android about contact list, where there is duplicate contact of same number with different names to merge

In Google Android when there is same contact number with different name then Google will give suggestions to whether do u want to merge it in a single one, ... So it is lacking in Outlook, what i need because I have so many contact like that

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. My question was is there a way that I could put extra protection on a particular folder in my list of folders? If there isn't it sure would

My question was is there a way that I could put extra protection on a particular folder in my list of folders? If there isn't it sure would be nice if there was a method to apply a "lock" of extra security on folders that contain more sensitive data.

Thank you,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How to Move Google Drive Data to Dropbox?

Hey,

I want to share you a perfect and all-in one cloud drive migration software, which helps you to move and share your all cloud based data into cloud based applications like; Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox directly without any issues. This tool comes with an excellent functionality to solve your all issues related cloud based migration process. For More information visit here - https://www.cubexsoft.com/cloud-drive-migrator/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Office 365 profile picture doesn't show up in the receiver mailbox (External Users)

Office 365 profile picture doesn't show up in the receiver mailbox. We are only able to see the profile pictures of internal users, however we are not able to view the profile pictures of the external users

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Invite Attendees wont accept email address with o'apostrophe

When inviting attendees to new event, Outlook Calendar now won't accept email address with apostrophe eg in format "john.o'smith@agency.gov.xx" (generates error box "One or more attendees have invalid email addresses"), even though same email address is used to send emails and even forward received calendar events. This is a new development. Outlook used to let me invite to this (same) address - now just get error - is there any setting in Outlook Calendar to fix this incorrect error/block ??

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Snooze reminders for longer than just 5 mins.,one hour,etc...ridiculous that there isn't any options longer than 2 hours (IE: 8hrs or 1 day)

Snooze reminders for longer than just 5 mins.,one hour,etc...ridiculous that there isn't any options longer than 2 hours (IE: 8hrs or 1 day)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add the key "tab" inside StickNotes to have space for the paragraph

Add the key "tab" inside StickNotes to have space for the paragraph

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make animated gifs represent more diverse people

Hello Outlook--I just sent email to my African-American nephew who graduated virtually today with his Master's Degree in Law and Diplomacy from the Fletcher School at Tufts University. I searched 'Celebration' for fun gifs, and the only African-American men were athletes. Expand your view of African-American male achievement, Bing!!!!

Conversely, the US Women's National Soccer Team's gifs from their World Cup wins from last summer were not included in the 'celebration' gifs. Come on Bing--I have come to expect far better from you.

Thank you,

Nelle Steele (Microsoft FTE, 2000-2014)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. All of a sudden my emails are separated by time; i.e. yesterday, this month. I do not want that feature. How do I get rid of it?

All of a sudden my emails are separated by time; i.e. yesterday, this month. I do not want that feature. How do I get rid of it?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. your hotmail sucks *** with no words but all symbol

new hotmail have only ******* symbols place everywhere. who is the idiot who make that changes. hotmail was way better 20 years ago. every changes you make destroyed it and you have the guts to call it new outlook......

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Get online help that is easy to fine and use

Read the title. Online tech support is non existent, why are Microsoft, one of the biggest tech companies in the world, so scared to make tech support so difficult to fine and use

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search not working

I am reading people want to search without scrolling and the answers are the same. Contact support. My search is not working and it is a huge inconvenience that I have to scroll through many emails to find the one versus using my search feature. It seems to be a major problem that wants to be addressed individually instead of just fixing the issue. Thank you

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Amazing what people write reading our emails lol ok lol. Sorry but ur not that important. Anyways can WE delete 100s of EMails 1 click

Would be very optional yes and helpful but if we could delete hundreds if not thousands of emails within one click. I've had Hotmail since high school I'm now 38 and it has changed not for the bad but for the good to be identity safe for the users which I understand and appreciate. With all the other Advanced competitors I understand we need more positive helpful comments so that Hotmail can be one of the best most user friendly the cure for our children in grade school or High School and sometimes as we keep our email address throughout…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Folder pane configuration

Allow the folder pane to be configured to eliminate the clutter. Things that cannot be removed: Contacts - useless and broken; Archive - why add this folder when I am not archiving?; Conversation History - unwanted and useless, can be deleted but reappears seconds later; Journal - unwanted and useless; Notes - unwanted and useless; RSS Feeds1 - unwanted and useless; Tasks - unwanted and useless.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base