OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Personal contact card

The outlook.com account holder needs a personal contact card to identify the user. The information about the email account holder is never consolidated and is intentionally scattered on different webpages never leading to identifying the inbox, sent items and outbox owner

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Block Emails with a Built in Virus, Malware, or Hacking file

To whom it may concern, I want an option to upgrade security by blocking emails even junk or spam that contains a virus, malware, or hacking File. Confidentiality is very important to me. If there is no way to block them then an option to clean them of harmful programs would be a great option as well. Thank you for taking my idea into consideration.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Invite Attendees wont accept email address with o'apostrophe

When inviting attendees to new event, Outlook Calendar now won't accept email address with apostrophe eg in format "john.o'smith@agency.gov.xx" (generates error box "One or more attendees have invalid email addresses"), even though same email address is used to send emails and even forward received calendar events. This is a new development. Outlook used to let me invite to this (same) address - now just get error - is there any setting in Outlook Calendar to fix this incorrect error/block ??

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Get rid of that goddam CONVERSATION HISTORY in Outlook. I don't use conversations. Make it optional.

Get rid of that goddam CONVERSATION HISTORY in Outlook. I don't use conversations and I suspect a lot of other Outlook users don't use it. Why do you nerds insist on making everyone in your image? Make the **** thing optional.

2,078 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    207 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How about when i press "select all" it selects all not the5 emails visible on the screen

How about when i press "select all" it selects all not the5 emails visible on the screen

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When I mark a sender as safe, this should automatically move any messages from them out of Junk.

Currently. if I use the context menu in Junk to mark the message in focus as from a safe sender, it doesn't move the message I am viewing out of Junk. I have to perform a second, separate action to move it out of Junk.

This is completely counterintuitive. If I've chosen a sender as safe, then it follows that the messages are not Spam. Why make me take the additional step of telling the system that this message - from a sender I have just marked as safe - isn't spam?

You should change the logic so that if…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Password Security issue

Somebody hacked an account where he sent a link to the contacts and I was one of them, the linked requested to login onto ur hotmail/live account, ive put my email and password then, hours later i came to knw about the hack issue. Ive logged in to change my password however, ive noticed that the email was linked to an old phone# thus, ive requested to change the phone# which i discovered later on that it needs 24 hours to be updated and i cant change the password until the phone# is changed !! Now, if the hacker has…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Picture attached

In the Outlook app, we should be able to have pictures as attachments rather than in the email body along with the text. It is so annoying!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow users to disable default charms in calendar events

I use only the browser version of the calendar on outlook.com. I hate the charm icons that automatically appear next to appointments and events that I create or edit in my browser calendar.

For example, a cake charm automatically appears when the event contains the word "birthday", or a knife and fork charm automatically appears when the event contains the word "lunch". These charms add visual clutter and take up valuable space. I find them silly, useless, often irrelevant to my event, and a nuisance. By making the charms a "default" feature, Microsoft assumes all users need or want such…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cut libks to problem contacts

when a contact item is deleted from your account's "People" listing, the contact should be completely removed from the accuunt and not continue a background association causing it to appear on suggested addtesses in the new email address bar. For example, many small commercial sites desperste for business or bored help desk staff keen to annoy exiting customers will continue to hack and torment users for the **** of it and use your links tokerp tabs.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow "Unblock account" to use backup email not just SMS

I can reset my password using the backup email I gave you, but you won't use it to unblock my account, you only accept SMS. I don't have SMS. Please allow the backup email on file to be used for account unblock as well as password resets. Also, "Contact Support" requires sign in, which you can't do if your account is blocked, please allow that from the registered backup email as well.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Been having trouble with Google voice and text and call free app.... people are using them to change my passwords and my phone numbermy acco

There should be a at least 3 ways the person has to be able to verify there IEIM number of the phone... before sending them a new number

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In 'week' or 'working week' view, need a setting to 'grey out' days in the past.

When viewing in 'week' or 'working week' view, a setting to 'grey out' (or alternative colour) the days in the past would make it easier to look at the screen and spot which is the current day. The line across the screen at the current time is helpful but a different colour or shade for the past days would be an equivalent divide for the past/present days and would be more useful too.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom calendar permissions for federated users

Please make it possible to set "Default" calendar permissions to AvailabilityOnly and give federated users custom permissions (For example "Reviewer") between EXO mailbox and federation domain.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New feedback from Outlook.com

when right clicking on the "Deleted Items" folder change "Delete All" to empty trash. I have to click on "Deleted Items"...then right click and "Delete All"....just to make sure I am getting the correct folder.

705 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    121 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How to delete my outlook account from phone when it’s not registered with my phone.

Want to be able to delete my account. It’s not registered thru my phone. I sign in thru Safari.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Give suggestions like in google Android about contact list, where there is duplicate contact of same number with different names to merge

In Google Android when there is same contact number with different name then Google will give suggestions to whether do u want to merge it in a single one, ... So it is lacking in Outlook, what i need because I have so many contact like that

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Stop harassing me with your app ad

Stop asking me to download your app! I don't want your app. It's annoying as **** to have to click through it just to get to my email.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base