OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Blocking certain email adresses from entering inbox

First, I enjoy this product and service greatly, but I’m finding an issue for me. Mosty, I dont want certain people emailing anymore and cannot unsubscribe to them. Also, there should be user privacy options for disclosing my info such as name and so on to whom I choose. Thank you for your time.

11,856 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    145 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search function does not work on mobile devices, continuous re organising of emails in any folder which prevents scrolling to find emails

Improve functionally on mobile devices. Does not return search results, continuously reorganises emails preventing scrolling to find emails. Regularily does not load any contents of folders. Extremely disappointing product

742 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    295 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blocking "junk" email

Simplify the process of blocking and then deleting "junk" mail. Previously, a user could block and delete junk mail in a single step using the "block" feature. With the new process, there are too many steps required. First, you must block the sender, then delete or empty the blocked email, then delete the email from the deleted folder. If I have marked an email to be blocked, then allow me to block and empty the selected junk mail from the junk folder in one step. The new process is more cumbersome than the old one.

4,457 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    70 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spam emails

Please not allow people to choose their name as: Mail, verification, email alert.
    Nobody is called “verification “ and so on... I get a lot of spams emails from those scammers !!!

14,757 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    147 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the spam filters!

The last few days, all the spam that used to go straight to the junk folder has instead been landing in my inbox! What broke? Why am I now seeing it in my onbox? Please fix it!!

983 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    150 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ability to block entire domains not just individual adresses

I have litterally dozens of spam emails from phishing scammers coming from the same domain. I can send 5 or more different emails from the same domain and more show up hours later make the option to block domains in their entirety more visible or make it an option. I've checked PC and mobile versionz and neither seem to have this functionality.

5,134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    69 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Block Emails with a Built in Virus, Malware, or Hacking file

To whom it may concern, I want an option to upgrade security by blocking emails even junk or spam that contains a virus, malware, or hacking File. Confidentiality is very important to me. If there is no way to block them then an option to clean them of harmful programs would be a great option as well. Thank you for taking my idea into consideration.

1,808 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. desktop site setting available on mobile!

desktop site setting available on mobile!

716 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    77 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Spam filtering

Could you make a partnership with a spam filtering service integrated into outlook? Some of those services are very effective when they recognize spam patterns.

3,251 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New Outlook.com "News" Feature / Tab

I would prefer Microsoft not make my choices for me; forcibly adding "News" feature to Outlook.com is a perfect example. I didn't ask for it, I don't need it and, most importantly, I don't want it, yet, feature is present and I can't delete it. For me, email is a communication tool, not a social tool. Please allow me to choose email features which best suit my needs for myself. Please allow me to delete "News" feature.

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Eliminate Subscriptions Section

It’s pretty much useless, especially when all it has is a bunch of spam I haven’t signed up for. It either displays links to malicious sites when trying to unsubscribe, or the automated e-mail it generates will let the spammers know it’s an active account. At least I’d like to see the option to get clean up the list of unsubscribed newsletters or whatever.

656 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. stop reading my emails, theyre private and are addressed to me, it is illegal to open other peoples post and emails are the same principle!

please keep your nose out of my emails! i do not consent to it! what right do you have adding my events to my calendar? i can decide for myself if anything needs adding thanks. my emails are private and addressed to me only! not msoft! if you cant keep out then i will use another mail service! hows all that for an idea?!!!

1,791 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. After deleting message please return me to where I was in the list of messages

After I delete a message (when I am looking at email on my phone), I am sent back to the top of the list of messages. I would like to be able to continue where I left off instead of going back to the top and having to scroll down and find where I was.

619 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. My Mail is not coming in on my phone but is on the server outlook.com?

My Mail is not coming in on my phone but is on the server outlook.com?

1,392 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    70 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please remove the News folder, or provide the option for users to do so.

Please remove the News folder, or provide the option for users to do so.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deleting emails

There needs to be an option of how many emails at a time can be deleted other than 11 emails deleted at a time when selecting ‘SELECT ALL’ option.. it’s absolutely tedious & so frustrating.

179 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Block spam emails from the outlook app

Block spam emails through the outlook app very quickly and easily

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tool Tip warning user when a folder contains too many items and causes performance degradation

We have been advised by our Premier Support engineers and the Product Group that folders, specifically the calendar, should not have more than 5'000 items. When there are more than 5'000 items, the user will experience significant Outlook performance issues. The user has no way of knowing, today, that this is a problem or that a folder with more than 5'000 items will cause Outlook performance issues. For many users, a mailbox's size is virtually unlimited and there is no real thought to managing the number of items in any particular folder. The two principle problem folders are Calendar and…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Proper wildcard search in global address list (GAL) - middle and end

Allow users to search their address book under the advanced find using wildcards.
    Prefix wildcard searches (cat) or substring wildcard searches (cat) need to be supported. Not just ONLY those that being with set text (cat) which is supported.

213 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Junk Mail Folder missing

The junk mail folder is completely missing. Not sure if it is just the mobile interface but there is no link to the folder. I just signed up to a new website and need to verify my email. Not sure what you guys did with the new Outlook interface but this is a serious glitch! Plus, your automated response to this problem is no help at all. Additionally, I cannot find settings in the mobile version. Is this a setting that needs to be changed in the full web version?

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 285 286
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories