OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spam emails

Please not allow people to choose their name as: Mail, verification, email alert.
    Nobody is called “verification “ and so on... I get a lot of spams emails from those scammers !!!

4,731 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    29 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spam filtering

Could you make a partnership with a spam filtering service integrated into outlook? Some of those services are very effective when they recognize spam patterns.

621 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to block entire domains not just individual adresses

I have litterally dozens of spam emails from phishing scammers coming from the same domain. I can send 5 or more different emails from the same domain and more show up hours later make the option to block domains in their entirety more visible or make it an option. I've checked PC and mobile versionz and neither seem to have this functionality.

330 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. stop reading my emails, theyre private and are addressed to me, it is illegal to open other peoples post and emails are the same principle!

please keep your nose out of my emails! i do not consent to it! what right do you have adding my events to my calendar? i can decide for myself if anything needs adding thanks. my emails are private and addressed to me only! not msoft! if you cant keep out then i will use another mail service! hows all that for an idea?!!!

354 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improved spam reporting: how about 'report as spam' under the junkmail dropdown? And then MS actually DOES something about spam?

Improved spam reporting: how about 'report as spam' under the junkmail dropdown? And then MS actually DOES something about spam? There is no way to prevent the hundreds of nuisance spam emails I get weekly. Reaching out to Microsoft for help has been a waste of time. There is no way to create rules for all the spam emails, nor is there a way to block them all. Currently one can report as phishing. What good does that do? Apparently none.

109 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Simple filing for outlook mail

How can I edit outlook files

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Link all accounts to one email

It'd be cool to be able to just check your email and have all your email accounts in one inbox I mean it will have it color coded so that you know which email it was sent to you but it all being one can box that way you don't have to login to that email with that email that email you log into one and wallah there's all your email s

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please...

Select All Should Be Included. if other email provider's can included this feature, then why not outlook?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Show which emails are connected to your wmail

If you set up an email you have the option to set up a recovery email with it. My idea is to show which emails you have linked to your recovery email so you can always keep track of your other accounts.

So say that you have 5 emails, one of them is your main email, and your other 4 have your main set as recovery. I want to be able to see which emails are associated with my recovery so that I can remove any over the top old ones that I either closed down or have no access…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. On Android, MSN outlook, it would be nice if MSFT LET people compose and Send an email. You guys STILL do not get the meaning of Intuitive

For Compose use an tap on item called "COMPOSE "
    FOR "Send" use a TAP on item called "SEND".

YES, please do!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Seems this site is for positive feedback only and all else is circumvented and buck passing by outlook

Seems this site is for positive feedback only and all else is circumvented and buck passing by outlook...
    Scam mail needs to be sorted and a facikity for phone only users to report and delete them directly and stop it respammong into in ox etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow ability to change font size in “To, CC, BCC and Subject” field on desktop versions of Outlook

Allow ability to change font size in “To, CC, BCC and Subject” field on desktop versions of Outlook

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Growup Microsoft growup. Take the case of this editbox itself. The cancel button interfers with our typing after 42 characters are typed.

Put some developers with common sense in outlook webmail team. There is no way I can select a bunch of emails and delete in the mobile version

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Very uneasy to use didn't find security settings option after logging in

Very uneasy to use didn't find security settings option after logging in

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When the folder pane is minimised the folder icons dissapear

When the folder pane is minimised the folder icons dissapear

This seems to be a bug as it makes the icons redundant, and in the desktop outlook the inbox icon is still accessible when the folder pane is minimised.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Blind copy and Replying to all

Today I was blind copied on an email. Not noticing that I was blind copied, I hit reply all and sent comments. If a person in blind copied, I would think the reply all option should only go to the sender.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Issue in Workflow Email on Outlook Mobile Application

We have an internal application on which an email alert is triggered for the approval process.

When a person open email from Microsoft Outlook/OWA/Mobile Application/Exchange Active Sync and just click on "Approve" or "Reject" or any of action than another replying email open to with auto compose and send email address and once user click on send it affects system and approval process completed by performing action via email.

Now after update version on Mobile Application called "Microsoft Outlook" the new email is opening but no text in a body or no address is mention on TO and a user…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Emails do not display correctly in the Beta

The very first email that I looked at in the Beta version of Outlook did not display correctly. This happened to be a daily newsletter from the Times of London. I had already looked at it before switching to the Beta version, and indeed did so again after changing back, and it was formatted perfectly correctly . In the Beta version, what should have been links to "read the full story", followed by a small arrow, filled the whole screen with a large blurry Arrow without text. This another display problems made the email virtually unreadable. It was almost like…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. My email xxxxxxxx@live.com was my old email. I had made complaint few times in order to get back my account because it registered

My email xxxxxxxx@live.com was my old email. I had made complaint few times in order to get back my account because it registered 10years ago and I only use this email to log in my Facebook account and never log in by email for few years already. But now I can't get back my Facebook account if I can't log in this email. So please help me . I can send support document like Ic, passport, driving license, video record of myself, or any other way to get back my account seriously cos I need it for my Facebook!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How to delete gmail emails in bulk

I used to subscribe to lots of emails from online retailers. As a result, I have thousands of these emails stored in folders (also known as “labels”) in Gmail. After deciding it was time for a cleanup, I discovered that mass deleting emails in Gmail is not that intuitive. So, here’s how to do it.
    1. Click on the folder / label you want to empty
    In the example below, I clicked on the “Build.com” folder to display the emails in it.
    2. Click on the “Select All” checkbox
    Click on the “Select All” checkbox to select all the emails…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base