OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

Outlook.com

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve the spam filter

Either give us the ability to turn it off, or at least improve learning from using the 'not junk' feature. Legitimate email is increasingly being incorrectly moved to the junk folder, even though the sender and their domain have been added to the address book or safe sender lists. Every day I must go in and mark about 99% of the 'junk' emails as 'not junk', and then the next day, they are back again. Australia has ONE postal provider, but Outlook treats their email notifications as spam, no matter what I do.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      13 comments  ·  Spam and Junk Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Stupid self advertising

I am really hating your stupid self advertisement with the flashing logo,i am using your product don't make me stop using it by flooding it!

22 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • sso
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Spam and Junk Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Fix Junk Filtering for POP3 Emails

The server side Junk Mail filter is TOTALLY ineffective for filtering emails from external accounts.

Since the days of the "Microsoft Hotmail Connector" for Outlook, I have been using Outlook.com to retrieve an organisation's email via POP3 and then have staff members access it via Outlook on their workstations. I realised the Outlook.com filter was totally ineffective and enabled the "High" junk filter in Outlook 2007, yielding very good results.

Recently switched to Office 2016 (using Office 365) and now ALL the Junk reappears in the inbox because only server side Junk filtering is allowed using Cached Exchange mode (turning…

13 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • sso
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Spam and Junk Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Make junk filter better!

It puts literally ALL mails to junk except mails from contacts, or address from safe mailing list, etc. That is simply wrong! If someone send me mail for first time it goes to junk. I don't get notified and miss to reply. At least give us option to turn it off or to set notifications for junk.

88 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • sso
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            3 comments  ·  Spam and Junk Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • emaisl received, try to block invalid email and cant block why?

When I block emails, it says you cant block this email its invalid, why did I receive an email from them, and also says can not block my own, I didnt select any of my own in the email listing to delete, so why is it asking me that? this has only just started and its annoying , will have to go to google or mail.com and close this account which I have had since 1995

5,683 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • sso
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1979 comments  ·  Spam and Junk Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey everyone!

We apologize for the frustrations this has caused and we greatly appreciate your patience while we look into the cause of this.

We have a team actively working on getting this resolved very soon. :-)

We will update you here as soon as a fix is deployed and we look forward to hearing your suggestions and feedback in the future.

All the best
              The Outlook Mobile Team

PS: We are unfortunately not able to see replies to this address please refer any additional questions you may have to in app support or the online answer forums.

• Option to turn of mail filter instead of setting mail filter to 'standard'

Option to turn of mail filter instead of setting mail filter to 'standard' 
              Please include an option to turn off mail filtering instead of just setting mail filter to 'standard'. In 'standard' setting my important mails still get sent to junk. I almost lost my job. 
              Thank you

71 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • sso
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Junk Box Empty

Please return the "Empty" option for the Junk Mail on mobile (browser and app). I don't always have access to a computer where I can "Empty" or "Delete All" of the mail in the Junk Mail folder and don't want to allow the Junk Mail to build up in between those times. It needs to be user friendly again or you will begin to lose users.

81 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • sso
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Empty trash

Should be an option on the mobile app to empty spam, junk and trash. It takes too much time to have to select them 1 by 1 or swipe 1 by 1.

13 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • sso
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Rules which are set up for Inbox MUST be extended to apply to the Junk/Spam folder.

Rules which are set up for Inbox MUST be extended to apply to the Junk/Spam folder. That is the only way to not even see these messages with titles like "Do you want to F*** me" as the Rule I create would put them directly into Deleted Items.

As it is, there are hundreds of items going into Junk folder and in the middle of these are some valid emails which Outlook has placed there incorrectly - it is extremely difficult to see these amongst the garbage which is also placed there

Well done for having a good Junk filter…

54 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • sso
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      4 comments  ·  Spam and Junk Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • 24 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • sso
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Spam and Junk Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • hover over unknow e-mail senders address in preview mode

Being able to hover over an e-mail before opening it would weed out unknowns, hackers and scammers. Best to be able to preview sender and whole address in preview mode. I've avoided a lot of trouble on another e-mail account by being able to do this. Also at the same time hovering over the line message to see if I want to bother with the body of message.

46 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • sso
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Filters

Using Hotmail I had filters set up that moved all my mail as it arrived in my junk folder to the relevant folder based on the email address or domain name, for the last few years this has not worked since Outlook took over, so now nearly everything goes into junk and I am getting a lot more spam too. Swiping does not give me the option to say it is friendly so move to new folder or cyber attack so block?

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • sso
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • I would like to Use blocking on spam email addresses on my iPhone

I am continually sending spam emails to junk and then hav to delete it's becoming a tedious affair. I have sent them to clutter but they still come through and the clutter mail box won't let me delete in blocks one at a time it's making me want to go elsewhere the storage in mail is stupidly high because of all the junk
                            I have started using my gmail account more and the gmail account automatically sends spam looking mail to junk and then deletes immediately

59 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • sso
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Spam: MS SmartScreen, Rules and blocking emails with TLD's or wildcards

Issue: Microsoft SmartScreen determines an email from abc@xyz.com is Junk and routes the email to the Junk Email Folder.

The User reviews the email from abc@xyz.com and determines that it is spam and further determines that ALL emails from @xyz.com are spam and wants to take steps to block/delete future emails from abc@xyz.com and/or *@xyz.com.

User: Tries to block and/or create a rule for the TLD @xyz.com with a WildCard, e.g., *@*xyz*.com.
                              Result: Blocked sender list does not allow WildCards

User: Tries to create a rule for the TLD @xyz.com with a WildCard, e.g., *@*xyz*.com.
                              Result: Rules do not allow…

59 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • sso
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • pop ups

Give me a way to get out of this pop up with out answering a bunch of questions.

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • sso
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • STOP MARKING ALL MY EMAIL AS SPAM???? OR, MAKE A WAY TO MARL IT NOT SPAM?????? I have to find another friggin email provider

Suddenly, my SPAM folder is my new inbox. Why is this happening?? How about fixing it?? I've used Outlook for many years, loved it! Now, it's torture - spend all my time and battery taking email OUT OF SPAM. What did you do???

40 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • sso
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  Spam and Junk Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Mark as phishing on mobile

In mobile view, I cannot Mark messages in bulk as phishing/spam. This makes it a pain ********** to do. If outlook proactively dealt with spam in our inboxes rather than just taking down botnets and posting a news article about it, the problem might go away.
                                    Google seem to be able to do it, why is it soooo bad on Microsoft email accounts?
                                    It’s 2017 Microsoft. Come on. Stop tweaking the UI and actually make email better. Without spam.

5 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • sso
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Comprehensive junk and spam filters

I would like to see Microsoft introduce more options to filter junk and spam emails.

Listed below are some of my thoughts

1. An option to automatically delete 'spoofed' email addresses
                                      2. The option to filter, delete or block emails by keywords regardless of where that key word appears in the email (subject, address, body, header etc)
                                      3. An option to block by IP address
                                      4. Options to block /ban by location/country (Russia /China etc)
                                      5. An option to report the worst offenders to Microsoft

4 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • sso
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • 4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • sso
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Delete folder contents when using mobile devices

Find a way to delete folder contents for junk and trash when using mobile devices

4 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • sso
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base