OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow me to clear a calendar

Allow me to clear a calendar (without dropping and recreating) so that I can upload a new version.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calender View multiple weeks

Hello,
    currently Outlook offers 5 different standard view in calender (day, working week, week, month, planning view). I'm often using a view of 2-4 weeks in my calender, by marking manually multiple weeks in the menu bar. How can I define a default calender view with an own defined time range? It seems this is just not possible.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In the calendar week view, I would like to be able to customize the view so that I can see the entire day. Currently I can only see 5 hours

Provide for a custom view of the calendar, so that if I want to view a whole week across and the entire day down. I hate having to scroll up and down just to check and see if I have any open slots. Before the last revision that type of view was available and I really, really miss it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow meeting room resource calendar to track changes in attendee list

Currently, changes in the attendee list are not reflected in the meeting room's calendar chosen as location. And there is no known way to enable this.

For the sake of simplicity, imagine a situation where you are responsible for catering services. And you need to order coffee for the attendees automatically. And you have of course read access to the room's calendar. It is obvious, that you should simply check the number of attendees half an hour before the start. Well because of this strange behavior, you can't. You will only see the people in the original invitation. Which likely…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. [Beta] - Dutch translation correction

In the new (beta) calendar, the context menu to set your 'availability status' contains a wrong translation.
    I believe in English the menu will show 'Free' as first item.
    The Dutch translation now shows 'Gratis', which translates to 'Free' in the context of 'a free drink'. The correct translation should be something in the line of 'Beschikbaar' (translates to 'Available') or 'Vrij' (translates to 'Free' in the context of 'I am free this afternoon').

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improvements in Calendar

Hi team support,
    the new look of the Calendar application is excellent but when one tries to include some comments or notes about the appointment one doesn't have any place to do it. By other hand you don't have the possibility to include additional alerts using the email as we did it with the old one. In other words we have lost very interesting services in this new version.
    Please,consider to inclde them in the updates.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unable to print caledar!

I'm an old school user of MS Office Outlook and I would like to be able to print my online Outlook.com calendar as I've done in the other version.

At this time I am unable to print a decent readable monthly calendar, and the week view is sketchy at best.

Outlook.com has this cool feature of a calendar and overlays that you can choose to add to your calendar like US Holidays and Birthday but they can't be printed on one page like you see on screen.

Please make changes to the print options so that I can maintain one…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Put task next to Calendar

I found it's not so convenient to separate Task from Calendar. Normally, when ppl write down their tasks, they also need to look at their agenda to know whether the deadline they give to themselves are proper or not, and so is to the task priority ....

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlook calendar scheduling

Why it is not possible to change the scheduling view from hours view into days view. I think it would be usefull to have a scheduling view including several days of a week or of a month on one screen just to be able plan long term project staff. Currently you just can see only one day (60 minit, 30 minit split...) Cheers!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Decline but keep in calendar

An option to decline an invitation but keep it in the calendar (eg in case things change and you can attend etc)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add Quick Notes feature to Calendar

Please add calendar functionality that allows user to add quick notes to any particular calendar date. Users do not always need to create a full event. We would like to be able to quickly jot down something important that occurs on a particular date.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Editable Entries in birthday calendar

1) Absolutely not necessary to identify an entry within the "Birthday Calendar" with "Birthday of" (in German: Geburtstag von ...). There are just birthdays in this calendar!!!
    2) Absolutely necessary is to make the entries editable!
    3) Don't reset the entries changed by WIN Mobile 8.1

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. .ICS import change/delete calendar items

I use the .ics import to fill a calendar with my work meetings. I export an .ics file from my Outlook at work, import it into outlook.com. As my company doesn't allow a link to their Exchange from other devices, I use it to have my calendar on my phone and home computers.

Now I have noticed that when once imported an item isn't updated when a new import is done. When an item is deleted, it isn't deleted from my outlook.com calendar, same happens when an item is changed (for instance time changed) the orignal item stays in the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. custom date selection for recurring events on the calendar

We need the ability to select custom dates as we have multiple reoccurring meetings that do not occur in a pattern

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Simply stop the automatic calendar entries, it’s ********. Telling me about start dates and end dates, it should be simply stop the notifica

Simple switch off option allowing you to easily stop or switchboff Outlook automatically updating your calendar with events it thinks are important. I had to login to my live account, tried to switch off these nonsense and then prompted with some stupid start dates and end dates **** that I never filled in. Stop it, make it easier

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Outlook Calendar RESTful API Create Event With Attendee Response Status as Accepted and Outlook Still Sends Invitation Email to Guests

I'm a developer and my application handles event invitations and rsvp's and adds the events to all of the attendees calendars. When I POST the event to Outlook's RESTful Calendar API with all Attendees response status as accepted/declined, Outlook still sends an invite to guests to accept/rsvp. The organizer of the event's calendar shows that all have accepted, but the event on the guests' calendar doesn't show that anyone has accepted and are prompted to RSVP.

Is there a better way to get around having invitations sent or accepting invites on behalf of attendees without invite emails being sent out?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Published Calendar displays more than 6 months in the future

I would like the published Calendar from Outlook, when posted to a website, show more than 6 months in the future. With my business I often work 12 months in advance and no events or instabilities show more than 6 months in advance. Google Calendar of course will do that, but I have been trying to get all my work into my Outlook account and not use Google.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring back the "Suggest a new meeting time" option in the Calendar!

Why was this even removed?? It was the most useful part of the calendar app! Is there really no way to suggest a different day/time now?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Web app on mobile

No fluency make fluency on launching and logo to web app. That when we add app to home screen logo is not appered. And make animation of logo while launching app to 1 sec it take 3 to 5 sec to lajnch app.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Feedback and Knowledge Base