OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. email Reminders to appointments/meetings set in the Caledar are no longer available

Old versions of Outlook had this ability, but the new beta only allows Pop-Up reminders. Email reminders should still be an option as I have found they are noticed more by users and participants of meetings set up in Calendar. Bring the option back!

120 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Agenda View with Handwriting

Create a one-note like experience with an agenda view where one can use their surface pen to write in by hand their daily schedule, as well as any to-dos or tasks. For many people, "penciling in" their schedule is how they effectively learn and remember their routine, They are hesitant to go digital with their schedules, however, if there is an option to write it in, it is a lot more accessible to these people. Also, this kind of agenda use of windows 10 provides a new platform and need for small tablets for portability that you can write on.

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow users to export all calendar events as an ICS file, not just the last three months

Currently if you try to export all events from the calendar to add them to another calendar or just have them as an ICS file only the last three months of events get exported.

This isn't made clear anywhere in the support information for the calendar or in situ as you go through the process of making the calendar shared / the ICS file available at a link.

I want to be able to have a copy of all of the events in my calendar going back to when I started using it (2011 or so), and there's no way…

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. We’re working on improving the overall experience with daily Agenda Mail to make it more relevant and personal. If you prefer not to receive your agenda in mail, you can opt out by going to Outlook.com > Settings > Calendar > Agenda mail.

5. Please add support for complications on the new Apple Watch 4 faces

I would like to request that you add support for the new infograph modular watch face for Apple Watch 4. You currently support the regular modular watch faces. Also, if possible, please add support for the all the new inforgraph watch faces. It would be great to get my outlook calendar on as many watch faces as possible as my company does not allow our outlook work email to go thru the built in apple mail/calendar apps, which are available as a complications on almost every watch face.

Thank you!

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Invite Attendees wont accept email address with o'apostrophe

When inviting attendees to new event, Outlook Calendar now won't accept email address with apostrophe eg in format "john.o'smith@agency.gov.xx" (generates error box "One or more attendees have invalid email addresses"), even though same email address is used to send emails and even forward received calendar events. This is a new development. Outlook used to let me invite to this (same) address - now just get error - is there any setting in Outlook Calendar to fix this incorrect error/block ??

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When activating birthday calendar it should populate existing contacts

Hello,
    Can we just quickly acknowledge the fact that the birthday calendar DOES NOT populdate birthdays for existing outlook contact BUT for existing skype contact.
    The calendar has exactly 1 task - go through the contact list - get all attributes birthday and add an entry in the calendar for this Firstname and Surname.
    Does it do this? How can something be so basic and not work with outlook. Google can just laugh at this with their superior contact/calendar management

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calendar Search

I would find it very helpful if there was a search facility in Outlook Calendar as I have calendar entries going back 20 years and would like to be able to quickly find a historical entry via a key word.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatic multiple reminders for Calendar

Calendar *really needs* a function for automatic multiple reminders like Google Calendars does...Please!!

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Send response to calendar invite is mandatory

Do not allow anyone to NOT send a response when they accept/decline a calendar invitation. This would ensure the meeting organizer always receives either an Accept or a Decline notification.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No Ability to Delete Unwanted Calendars on Outlook.com

The options list (under gear symbol) does not have a provision for deleting unwanted user created Outlook.com calendars. I can delete from Outlook 2016, but they keep coming back because I cannot delete from Outlook.com Calendar. Is there a hidden command? Or is it not possible. If not, please provide one!

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Syn Android calendar with outlook calendar

I would like to be able to have my phone calendar sync with the outlook calendar.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to see multiple events in calendar

May 2, 2016

It would be nice if you were to see all of your additional events at a glance on the same date instead of the + sign and off to the side.

Thank you,
    Ms. Barker

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. tasks in outlook.com

Yesterday my Outlook.com site was upgraded.
    Now, it's not possible anymore to add new tasks (or view tasks, in general). Please, add this feature again.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete the Birthday calendar

Hi. I want to be able to delete the whole birthday calendar completely. I also want to be able to delete contacts fully. I deleted a load and I still see them on my list. I do not want them there.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Updated charms for calendar

More, newer charms to cover more categories

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Calendar invites should let you specify From address

If you have multiple aliases or connected accounts on your Outlook.com account, there is no way to send a Calendar invite out from those accounts. Currently the Primary account alias is always used, and the default From setting is ignored.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Monthly calendar view

I frequently use a monthly view when I review my calendar. On the old "hotmail" calendar, if there was a day when I had more events than shown in the monthly view (more than the 2-3 rows allowable), I could click on the "3+more" or "4+more" button on the bottom of that day and it would expand the rows in the monthly calendar to view them. Now, on this new calendar, there is a "+3" or "+4" at the bottom of the day, but it does not expand the rows for that day/week. Thus, I can't get a good view…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple time slot support for meeting invites and selection and schedule of meeting based on response/selection

Often meetings that are organized between two different organizations are done so by two Points of Contact who have visibility into the Calendars of the anticipated attendees, each respectively for their organizations.
    Often this requires an initial email thread which exists solely to identify an acceptable time between all attendees of the two (or multiple) entities. Of course support for multiple entities is much more complex and would need additional feedback loops and acceptance between 3 parties, so that is most likely out of scope for an initial implementation, and as such, I will reduce my description to a 2…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Easier calendar synch

Allow synching and copying from other calendars. I have the desktop MS Outlook (Office). Let me synch the two calendars, or at least drag/drop appointments from one to the other.
    Thanks.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories