OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Keep historic calendar events

ALL appointments to be kept on the calendars AFTER the event. Mine all disappear once the event has occurred. Therefore no history to refer back to.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Some of these programs interfere with the layout of the calendar in the monthly view

I got a new computer, and the calendar worked fine. After installing Norton, Steam, Origin and the Office365 pack, the colours are now bugged. All events have coloured text and no background colour. As described and shown in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/ocalendar-oaddtask/windows-10-calendar-month-view-changed-layout/e0dc25b8-2a29-4ba5-a68b-357e245a0069

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. take the app off

take it off my in box

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SMS reminder

SMS reminder feature to the Calander It will be awesome :) thanks in advance.<3

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sync calendar colors in Outlook.com calendar with Windows 10 Calendar app and Outlook 2019

Please make the color choices the same on the web, in the Windows 10 app and in Outlook 2019 and synchronize the chosen color across all these platforms, so I can remember the colors and know which calendar an event belongs to by its color wherever I view it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. recovering accidentally deleted calendar items

A calendar item is easily accidentally removed. Can you make a folder with deleted items so we can put them back if needed. A right mouse click could do the job.
    Same time, changed appointments are stored in the same folder in their original settings so we can recover them too. Specially when using apples calendar the time of an appointment is so easily changed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Automatically categorize all my appointments in calendar to one category

I have a separate calendar for birthdays and i want to categorize all of them to a Birthday category that i created all at once. Currently i'm doing it one by one. I t would be easier if i could do it in one shot

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. we need Arabic calendar

we need Arabic calendar.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make mail as an appointment / E-Mail als Kalendereintrag umwandeln

Make it possible to transform an e-mail directly as a calendar entry. If a button gets pressed the mail should become the text of the appointment and the user should be directly transferred to the Calendar entry where he can add the other entries...
    Bietet eine Option an, dass E-Mails direkt in einen Kalendereintrag umgewandelt werden können. Beim Klicken auf die Schaltfläche sollte die E-Mail als Terminbeschreibung umgewandelt werden...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multiple templates for a new meeting request

It would be helpful to set different templates when you create a meeting. e.g. for people managing room bookings they might want to autoset things like: name of person requesting room, catering requests, layout. Whereas someone sending out a normal meeting request might want to say: meeting title, parking info, meeting objectives .

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. In the past, I had an option to create a much needed "custom pattern" in Outlook Calendar, now its gone!

We need an option to create a much needed "custom pattern" for recurring events in Outlook Calendar - used to have this, now its gone!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Issues with Opening and Moving a Calendar from Directory

The option to either create a "New Calendar" or "Discover Calendars" is hidden under a calendar group that I created, not the default group that comes with your Outlook account. It was more difficult to find out where this feature lived when I first switched to the new outlook view. When I open a calendar from my directory, it adds that person's calendar to the "People's Calendars" group; but I cannot move that calendar to any other calendar group once it has been added. Can we get the ability to right-click a group and add a person from a directory…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Copy and paste events for recurrent named events, eg. shifts

Really annoying for people doing shift work to put in kind of shift repetitively with time included. Very very time consuming. For example, one of my shifts is "clinic day" and runs 08:30-16:00, but will be different days every week. So to be able to right click an entry in the calendar and having a copy and past function would be very useful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. limit attendees for meetings

Create a function to limit number of people in a meeting. (in case there is only a limited number of seats available.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Combine two calendars on the to do list

Many Outlook users have multiple calendars. For instance, I have a social calendar that my wife and I share and a separate business calendar I use for myself. I am able to combine these two calendars in the calendar view, but unfortunately only my Outlook calendar shows up in my to do list. This makes that very important feature virtually useless. I can't imagine that your talented developers could not export the calendar feature, where the calendars are combined, to the to do list. I am certain the users would find this upgrade of tremendous usefullness.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Meeting acceptance emails

Create a way for people invited to a meeting to accept or reject the meeting so that their choice shows up in Tracking without the meeting owner receiving an email. This is valuable if you send a meeting to large numbers of people and have size limits on your account - you need to track who is coming, but don't want dozens of email notifications.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Integrate StaffHub/Microsoft Teams' schedules into the Calendar so people can see work hours availability

It would be awesome if the schedule that we have in StaffHub/Microsoft Teams were to appear in the Outlook Calendar. That way, we would be "busy" or "unavailable" during our off hours.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multiple Meeting Time Slots - to offer when scheduling meetings

When I send a meeting invite to a person or a group, it would be nice to send it with multiple time options, where there could be different choices.

IF a group: each person can individually choose which time they would like to attend. (This works great when offering trainings.)

IF a group: everyone can vote on the best time, and then the organizer selects on of the times

Individual: The individual is sent a few options and then they can choose one.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Birthday reminders are awesome except when they are not

Birthday reminders are really awesome and super useful. They are fantastic, as long as they are for people whom I wish to be notified. Thus may I suggest that the Birthday Calendar feature is off by default, and each contact whom I wish to be notified of their birthday, may be done selectively. In other words I would like birthday reminders to be off by default, and on only for specific contacts that I've chosen.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)