OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook.com

Got a suggestion for how to improve Outlook.com? Share it here. Or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s ideas. Come join the discussion.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar has lost an enormous amount of functionality. No longer able to include other participants and not able to add email reminders

Calendar events have become unbelievably simplistic in the beta. Why would you remove so much functionality? Please add back functionality to invite other participants and to send email reminders and multiple reminders to all participants.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calendar Updates

Calendar Updates via webpage or andriod app need to be instant and not wait 5 10 minutes for the info to show,

I have put very important information into the event and it dose not show making you think the update has not happened this is bad...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calendar

Improve calendar section of Outlook:
    • Combine tasks and calendar into one section/ program (like Merge Calendar)
    • View tasks in monthly calendar view as well (like in Google Calendar), possibility to tick them right out of the calendar
    • Option to add time to tasks -> they appear in that certain time in calendar
    • Add sub-tasks and/ or ticking-boxes to tasks
    • Show pictures directly in note section
    • Possibility to view all appointments in list but in chronological order (currently all repeating elements are listed once but not every date they take place)
    • Option to just…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Want YEAR VIEW calendar

Please give me an YEAR VIEW calendar. I usually don't use the day-view calendar. I use only MONTH VIEW and YEAR VIEW. PLEASE MAKE YEAR-VIEW CALENDAR AS DEFAULT CALENDAR FOR ME.

I use calendar mostly for finding which day (Sun/mon etc) of Which week (first or secon week etc) falls on which date. This helps me in pre-planning. I don't use automated reminders, rather I need pre-plan the multiple tasks based on available working days and holidays.

So please give me year view calendar.

Also I use calendar to COMPARE dates and days in different month and years (such as…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Maximum number of people who can accept!

Add a number limit of people who can accept, for meetings that are based on first come first served basis. A function that stops people accepting the invite once the maximum number is reached.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Rename the default Calendar

It woyuld be great to make it possible of renaming the default calendar

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unsubscribe

Hi. I dont want to daily email notice fron my outlook calendar. Please dont spam me with these letters.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We’re working on improving the overall experience with daily Agenda Mail to make it more relevant and personal. If you prefer not to receive your agenda in mail, you can opt out by going to Outlook.com > Settings > Calendar > Agenda mail.

8. Outlook Calendar RESTful API Create Event With Attendee Response Status as Accepted and Outlook Still Sends Invitation Email to Guests

I'm a developer and my application handles event invitations and rsvp's and adds the events to all of the attendees calendars. When I POST the event to Outlook's RESTful Calendar API with all Attendees response status as accepted/declined, Outlook still sends an invite to guests to accept/rsvp. The organizer of the event's calendar shows that all have accepted, but the event on the guests' calendar doesn't show that anyone has accepted and are prompted to RSVP.

Is there a better way to get around having invitations sent or accepting invites on behalf of attendees without invite emails being sent out?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync iCloud Calendar to Outlook Calendar online

I can sync the iCloud Calendar to Outlook 2016 by installing iCloud for Windows on my PC and checking Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks. But as you can see from the second screen shot, the iCloud Calendar appears only in Outlook 2016. You can see iCloud, ARLENE's iCloud Calendar checked in the left pane of the Calendar in Outlook 2016. In the left pane of Outlook Calendar online, you can see iCloud, but nothing else. My goal is to add calendar events in either iCloud Calendar, Outlook 2016 Calendar, or Outlook Calendar online and have them all sync without issue.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Calendar colors mismatch

The calendar colors between the Outlook on iOS and Outlook.com don't match. If I pick a color for a calendar in one, it's a completely different color on the other platform.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. To be able to delete multiple entries on the calendar

The ability to delete multiple entries on the calendar

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. have more contrast available for day-long out-of-office events. Right now, the colors are too light to show up.

have more contrast available for day-long out-of-office events. Right now, the colors are too light to show up.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Notifications of a shared calendar

the notifications of a shared calendar will only be received by the one who created it. Our team shares a calendar where we add time off and meetings, training etc. Although we all can add and delete entries from our shared calendar, I'm the only one who receives notifications because I created it. I hope you enhance this feature to allow the team to receive notifications or designate some one on the team, such as a manager to receive the notifications.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Published Calendar displays more than 6 months in the future

I would like the published Calendar from Outlook, when posted to a website, show more than 6 months in the future. With my business I often work 12 months in advance and no events or instabilities show more than 6 months in advance. Google Calendar of course will do that, but I have been trying to get all my work into my Outlook account and not use Google.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. INternal tabs for Calendar/Contact/task

Like Yahoo is doing. Or like the Outlook client is doing as well It makes sense to have those services opened up right in Outlook.com instead of opening up a new browser tab

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Disable Flight/Hotel check In reminders

Please disable (or require an opt-in functionality) to add flight, hotel, car rental and package delivery from your interface. I work in the airline industry and we get thousands of calls a month from customers asking why they got an email to check in (when they can't) because your email is sent outside of the check-in window. It is very confusing to customers because they think it is coming from the airline, hotel etc. I see there is a way to disable manually - but thinking this should not be the default. If this isn't valuable to customers - consider…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Community Submissions to 'Interesting Calendars

Interesting Calendars are a great idea, but they do not cover some of the local possibilities. in Ireland for example we have two very healthy sporting communities (Gaelic Football & Hurling) and i'm sure other countries have similar interests. it would be great to be able to make submissions for these to be added as interesting calendars if the info can be pulled form an official source.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Calendar invites should let you specify From address

If you have multiple aliases or connected accounts on your Outlook.com account, there is no way to send a Calendar invite out from those accounts. Currently the Primary account alias is always used, and the default From setting is ignored.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Drag and drop tasks onto calendar

I would like to be able to drag and drop a task onto my calendar to block out my time to complete the tasks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base